Sunday, December 27, 2009

Special Gifts at Christmas


Our Christmas days were filled with good times spent with family and friends and I hope yours were the same. Our family excels at giving gifts that have a special meaning and those that take a great deal of time and thought regarding the recipient, and this year was no different. I received several things that reflect my love of gardening.






Kara gave me a set of ornaments that only a gardener could love. And I do!












  







She also gave me a book I've been wanting for a long time and can't wait to read.














While I love the ornaments and the book, one very special person gave a very special gift to me.

My dad, as many of you already know, possesses killer woodcrafting skills. He has made a bedroom suite for both Romie and me, as well as for Jenna and her husband Joe. Our home contains numerous pieces created by him and they will be his legacy - those, and the love he put into them as he made them.


My new orchid table resides in the living room, where the orchids are now kept happy and healthy with a gro-light and humidity trays.

"Thanks, Dad," seems like such a trivial way to express my gratitude. I hope you know how very much I love you and the orchid table, and all the other wonderful things you've made for us throughout the years. I'm a very blessed little girl.

Oh, and the rest of you should know he also made an orchid table for both Kara and Jenna. They're very lucky little girls, too.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, WOW, Kylee...that orchid table is totally amazing. What a wonderful keepsake and tribute to your dad's woodworking abilities.
You'll simply LOVE Wicked Plants. :-)

Becca's Dirt said...

Wow what a nice table for your orchids. Very crafty of him and I know you will treasure these forever. Precious ornaments.

Happy New Year

Unknown said...

Those are some wonderful gifts!

Victoria Williams said...

Love that table. Treasures like that keep forever and remind us of the ones we love. Good for you.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What wonderful gifts. Especially the table. To have such a beautifully made table by your father is a treasure.

Diana said...

Love the garden tool ornaments (so cute!). But I really love your orchid table! It's a beauty, and a truly heartwarming gift that nobody but your father can give you. Treasure it always. :)

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

How wonderful to have a talented dad who makes such nice gifts. An orchid table is really pretty cool.

Melanie J Watts said...

The Orchid table is a truly wonderful gift from your Dad. As an aside how do you get your Orchids to reflower?

Melody said...

If I grew orchids I would want a table just like that:)

Shady Gardener said...

Fun ornaments... I've seen several people that have received some similar tool ornaments. I'll have to watch for them! :-) You must love the table your dad made. What a wonderful gift! You will definitely enjoy it.

Looking forward to a great 2010!

Anonymous said...

"Lucky little girls" indeed!

I've got an itch to read Stewart's new one too! (Actually, I was around some poison ivy late yesterday....I wonder...??)

Anonymous said...

What a great Dad! Love the table and the orchids.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, thoughtful gifts, all of them. But the orchid table is outstanding; something you'll treasure forever.

blogger templates | Make Money Online