Monday, July 9, 2007

Where Did THAT Come From?


I hate when this happens. I bought a packet of zinnia seeds at Walmart earlier this spring and I made sure there were not going to be any pink ones in the mix. I hate pink zinnias. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word, but honestly, pink is just not my favorite color for certain flowers.

I like pink lilies, pink echinacea, and pink roses (as long as they aren't hot pink). But I don't like pink petunias or pink zinnias. That's not to say that I don't have pink flowers growing in my gardens, because I have plenty of them, but I would not have purposely planted pink zinnias.

Remind me not to save the seedheads from this one:


On second thought, that is kind of pretty, in its own pinky way. Maybe if I planted them with some of that white cosmos with a pink picotee edge...


7 comments:

MrBrownThumb said...

You know I hate pink in the garden. Oddly enough I have pink zinnias, pink day lilies, pink poppies, a pink calla lily, and a pink crane's bill geranium.

I tell you I hate pink and have no idea where it comes from. I think someone poured a bottle of pepto in my garden.

Kylee Baumle said...

I KNOW!! I would tell you that I generally don't like pink flowers either and I have lots of them. I know exactly what you're saying.

I'm the same way with yellow flowers. I hate some of them, love others. It's just weird.

But maybe it's like how we are with cars. I love the VW Beetle in that limey green color, but in any other car...YUK!

I guess we just think zinnias can't pull off pink very well. LOL.

Connie said...

You can send me the seedheads if you like....I think it's lovely! :-)
For some reason, my mixed zinnias give me more reds and yellows. I love Cactus Zinnia and am hoping for a pink one this year. Different strokes for different folks....that's what makes this world an interesting place, no?

Kylee Baumle said...

Connie, I have a deal for you. I'll send you the pink seeds if you send me some red and/or yellow cactus zinnia seeds! I love the hot colors in zinnias, just not pink! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of pink flowers either, which is funny because I featured pink on my GTS too. This zinnia is very pretty though.
Enjoy.

Connie said...

Kylee, That sounds like a deal! I know I have at least 2 yellow cactus zinnias...they are just starting to open. Not sure yet if there will be any red, but I have several plants still to bloom. Do you do any trading on GardenWeb?

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I love the pink zinnia, but then I'm always partial to pink and purple flowers. Pink flowers photograph beautifully, as did your lovely zinnia.

blogger templates | Make Money Online