Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another Virtual Visitor to Our Gardens



When Jodi suggested that virtual visitors to our gardens send stones for our cairn, I thought it was a great idea. Jodi's 'heart' now rests on it, as well as Brennie's 'tooth' and the round sparkly rock. And then I got a package from Arkansas.

Remember my friend Kat, from Florida? Twice I have traveled to Hot Springs to visit her at her parents' home there. I love seeing Ken and Myra and since Kat and I are twin daughters of different mothers, separated at birth and by two months, they have somewhat adopted me.

I opened the heavy box and the first thing I found was a beautiful personalized birthday card. Myra is the "Hallmark at Home" queen. I'm amazed at the fabulous cards she designs, using her photography talents and her expertise with Photoshop (or some sort of photo-editing software). She's an accomplished quilter, too.

Also in the box were two wrapped stones for our cairn. Arkansas is known for their quartz and they'd sent gorgeous specimens. Myra said she'd heard quartz is supposed to be good for the garden, so I decided to research that a bit. Peacefulmind.com says:

Quartz is considered solidified light and oxygen. Quartz encompasses a large family of stones and crystals, all of which are made up primarily of silicon dioxide, one of the most common and most important substances in the world. This mineral is found over ⅔ of the earth and can be used in many ways throughout your garden. Create beautiful borders. Bury a few quartz points facing upward next to your potted plants. Lay some clear quartz tumbled stones along side your flower garden. Use an elixir of quartz and water your plants with them. Make a crystal grid around your field or plant beds to encourage growth, harmony and transform energy.


I'm not sure about all that, but I love the crystals. The smaller one looks like a cluster of diamonds, especially when the sun hits it. Ever since I've met Ken and Myra, every time I see quartz, I remember my visits there. And now, every time I walk by the cairn and see the quartz glittering in the sun, I'll remember two people in Arkansas that have been so nice to me and I look forward to the next time I get to see them, whenever that may be.

1 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What a very special gift you got for your birthday Kylee. It is always a good thing to have a keepsake or two from those people in our lives who are so near and dear to us.

A dear friend of mine send me some crystals to help me with the loss of my Sam.

blogger templates | Make Money Online