Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She's Sipping!


Just a quick little update on Little Miss Monarch. Things are going well. I had said before that I hadn't seen her in the act of sipping from the orange slices, but this morning I caught her at it.


She flutters about the room and most of the time she is on the window sill, looking out, no doubt wanting to be out there on her way to her destination. If the Weather.com weather report is accurate, we'll be releasing her tomorrow. We're to have several warm days in a row - hopefully enough to get her far enough south to miss the returning colder weather.


I don't like those nighttime temperatures, but I'm sure she'll find a protected tree or shrub to roost for the night, then continue on when it warms enough during the day for her to fly.


Don't worry - there are some actual gardening posts coming up. This is a gardening blog after all. LOL.

6 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

This most definitely qualifies as a garden post! I think many of us are waiting with much anticipation for all of your updates on Miss Monarch. She's so pretty sipping her sweet orange juice.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

These ARE gardening posts, Kylee -- what could be more pertinent to the garden than a beautiful butterfly. :) I wish her well on her journey!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Bugs and weather forcasts are all about gardens. You are doing a fine job.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

How wonderful that you've been able to keep her alive this long! Hopefully she'll be able to make it to her destination. I for one am very glad it's warming up. Wow, has it been cold!

Gail said...

We are all with you! You have done the very best job of helping her survive! Gail

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Kylee, I was so glad to see that you caught her taking nourishment! I know how relieved you must have been.

I am ready to read your Fall Beauty post, but hope you'll give us one more glimpse of this beautiful baby taking off! :-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online