Sunday, October 19, 2008

These Are Stressful Times


St. Francis Statue in Our Gazebo with Hydrangeas

"Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you - O you of little faith?

Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear?' For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today."


Matt. 6:26-34
NRSV



Join Green Thumb Sunday

9 comments:

Gail said...

Yes very stressful times. gail

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to stop my grumbling and fly free with the rest of the birds.

Meems said...

Hi Kylee,
First things first... so don't worry. Thanks for the encouraging words. Words to live by!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yes Kylee, this too shall pass.

Lythrum said...

Very timely post. I know that often times I carry around the weight of the world on my shoulders and try to anticipate everything and plan everything. I have to acknowledge sometimes that I can't do everything on my own and need the good Lord to help me. Thanks. :)

Connie said...

Truth to live by. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I'd agree that these are very stressful times. This is a very poignant reminder, Kylee.

Shady Gardener said...

Thank you, Kylee. Would you say that this is what's meant by living in Faith? :-)

joey said...

I am a big fan of St. Francis ... a lovely post and reminder, Kylee.

blogger templates | Make Money Online