Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's Pumpkin Torte Time!


With Thanksgiving looming on the horizon, thoughts turn to food and those special dishes we enjoy as we dine with family. I'll be doing the turkey again this year as well as the pumpkin torte that I'm known for. With the exception of my husband, our family likes this dessert better than pumpkin pie. It's not that he doesn't like the torte - he does. He just likes pie better.

To each his own, I say.

I've posted my recipe for the pumpkin torte a few times before, but I always get asked again for it when Thanksgiving rolls around, so here you go:


Kylee's Pumpkin Torte


1 yellow cake mix (take out 1 cup)
3 eggs
1¼ cup white sugar

¾ cup butter

¾ cup evaporated milk

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 large can pumpkin pie mix


Crust
: Mix the cake mix (less 1 cup) with one egg and ½ cup butter. Press into the bottom of a greased jelly roll pan (10½ x 15½ x 1).
Filling: Mix until smooth - pumpkin pie mix, 2 eggs, and evaporated milk. Pour on top of the crust.
Topping
: Mix 1 cup cake mix, sugar, cinnamon and ¼ cup butter. Sprinkle on top of the pumpkin mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.

Enjoy the torte, enjoy the day, and don't forget to give thanks!



6 comments:

Mary S said...

I've made this same recipe for potlucks and it's always a huge hit. In the spring, try it with rhubarb replacing the pumpkin. Delicious.

Lona said...

Looks so yummy Kylee. Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours.

Kylee Baumle said...

Mary ~ Mary, you're the first person I've "met" that has heard of this recipe before! Do you remember where you got it? I can't remember where I found it first. It was so many years ago. Maybe we saw it at the same place!

Lona ~ You really HAVE to try it, Lona! It's my very favorite dessert and I have to tell you, I really like pecan pie. LOL. I wish you a very blessed Thanksgiving, too! :-)

Mary S. said...

Kylee -- I got the recipe off of Cooks.com -- but who know where they got it, maybe here. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Bernideen said...

Hi Kylee:
i came over to see your torte from Beth's blog. This looks wonderful! Please come post it Friday on my "Open House" blog party and many would love it!

Kylee Baumle said...

Bernideen ~ You really have to try this. It's SO GOOD! I'll try to remember to do that this Friday. ;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online