Sunday, July 15, 2007

Every Little Bit Helps


As I was watering last night, I heard a sound to the north. It was vaguely familiar and at first I couldn't place it. Wind rustling the leaves in the trees? Well, there was that, too, but there was something else.

And then I smelled it. Was I imagining things? Could it really be?
I held my breath and then I felt it. Just a little at first, and I wasn't exactly sure, but half a minute later, there was no doubt. It was raining. I kept watering, because it probably was going to be over in a few minutes anyway.

That few minutes turned into more and I finally turned off the hose and walked to the house, thoroughly drenched and utterly thrilled to be that way. This morning, when we got up and looked at the rain gauge, it registered a quarter of an inch. Not enough to let us skip our watering schedule, but enough to say it really had rained and it made all God's creatures very happy. Especially the green ones.


5 comments:

Connie said...

Hooray for your rain! Would love some here.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Ah, it arrived then, the rain I send you? Would you like some more because we have more than enough over here. While I'm typing this there's a thunderstorm going on and it is raining buckets. My plants are having swimming lessons at the moment, they need it as it is really bad over here.

Stacey Renee said...

Kylee,

Yeah for rain! It looks like we will get some this week... I hope we get a good bit!

I have a question for you or, rather, I am seeking some sagely counsel.. =].. My mother has hired me to do some amateur landscaping (I reminded her you get what you pay for.. ha!) Anyway, I have some photos of the area I want to work on... But, I thought I would seek your advice... Simple, low maintenance flowers.. I'd like to keep it simple, colorful and elegant... If you would, please email me with thoughts.. Thank you very much!!

Oh, I really enjoy your blog and look forward to each post. Gorgeous photos and interesting thoughts! Well done!

Barbara said...

Hi! and thanks for visiting me and leaving comments.
Amazing here we have rain and rain and rain and looks like you arelonging for rain . I wish I could parcel some up and send it to you.
My deciduious shrubs and trees will renew themselves next Spring but I am not sure what will happen to the evergreens. I will have to wait and see.

Carol Michel said...

You got rain? I want some rain! We might have some thunderstorms tonight, I hope!

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

blogger templates | Make Money Online