Thursday, May 8, 2008

Meet the Blogger!


Last month, Troy-Bilt, maker of garden tools and products such as lawn tractors, tillers, trimmers etc. (even log-splitters!), launched a new feature on their monthly newsletter The Dirt. Called "Meet the Bloggers", they started featuring guest articles from the writers of the hundreds of garden blogs out there.

I was thrilled when they asked me to write an article for them and it was featured in their first issue with "Meet the Blogger":



The article in its entirety can be read here.

The newsletter is chock full of tips, advice, and just enjoyable reading about gardening and lawn care. You can receive the monthly newsletter by going to the Troy-Bilt website and creating a free account with The Lawn and Garden Club.

Other bloggers will be featured each month, many of them your favorites and maybe you'll discover some new favorites!

14 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What fun Kylee. Good for you. I will check it out.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Congratulations - that is so great!

kate smudges said...

Good going! I enjoyed your article and signed up for the newsletter.

Louise Hartwig said...

You make me proud! Well written. Mom

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How neat is that?

Unknown said...

Nice article, and nice of Troy Bilt to make it available to "non-members." I tried to read some of the other articles there, but alas, they want demographics on me just to read their articles. Unless of course you click on their mechanical products, those they will hock without membership!

Related but different- Really liked your review of the Gilmour Reel Mower. Been thinking about one of those for myself for a couple of years, and your timely review sure helped.

Shady Gardener said...

Way to go, Kylee! Just think. You're Famous!! :-)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Lovely article Kylee and it is fun to read how you started gardening. It was quite sudden, wasn't it?

Have a great weekend!

BTW on Bliss you will find the best excuse in the world for shopping! ;-)

Kylee Baumle said...

Thank you, Everyone, for the kind comments! And hi, Mom! :-)

Rick ~ It's a great newsletter, so I hope you'll consider signing up for it! And about the mower - we sure like ours!

Yolanda Elizabet ~ Yes, it really was! Strange that I never took it up before I did, having grown up with a mother that loved gardening as much as mine!

Shady Gardener ~ Famous ... well, for a little bit maybe! ;-)

Rose said...

Congratulations, Kylee, a great article! I liked your comment about "a switch flipped," because, like you, I was raised by gardeners but didn't develop an interest myself until several years ago. My mom is a great source of advice now.

Kylee Baumle said...

Rose ~ And there was no looking back, right? Makes me wish I'd taken it up years ago, but we're making up for lost time now, aren't we?

Kerri said...

How neat to have your article featured in that newsletter! I enjoyed reading it.
It's funny that the bug took a while to bite you, but once it did you got it bad, didn't you?

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

That's so cool!!!!! What an honor, Kylee! I'm very impressed.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is great!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online