Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Place in the Shade


With temperatures in the 90s this week, Boo has the right idea:


He always finds the cool spots in the garden, such as this one in the dappled shade of the willow tree and other plants.

I wonder if cats have a natural mosquito repellent, because all the rain we had earlier has produced bumper broods of the biters. The cats don't seem to be bothered by them, but maybe it's because they've been getting their nourishment from me. It doesn't matter what time of the day I go out - the mosquitoes are always biting.

Of course, with the heat and humidity being what it is right now, the mosquitoes are going to have to find someone else to chew on, because I'm staying inside with the air conditioning!


9 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I have seen mosquitos swarm around the dogs, but they don't seem to get bites. AC is the place to be...or inside a walk in fridge!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a sweet photo of Boo. I love the way cats and dogs find a cool spot in the garden. Or in the case of Luna she will make a spot in the cool shade to lie down and rest. Keep cool and don't let the mosquitoes bite.

Unknown said...

Me too, I pop out for a few minutes, then whew! It's hot! But the house looks better than it has in mths...lol.

Victoria Williams said...

I remember that humidity when we were in Ohio years ago. It is amazing. We have nothing like it here in Idaho; all dry heat.

Unknown said...

I wonder if the fur is a physical barrier? (Like, the mosquitoes can't reach the skin to stick into, so the furbabies are safe?) Hmm.

Boo does have the right idea. And I hope that the storms in today's forecast mean less humidity for the weekend!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I'm surprised I haven't seen more mosquitoes this year than I have. We've had lots of rain and heat, too. Maybe it's because I'm inside most evenings.

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

LOL, I have a very similar photo of my Fiona (who I sometimes call Boo), which I'll post on her birthday, July 4. :) Meow!

Sylvana said...

You can see him thinking, "Hmmm...I'd get up to avoid this photo, but it's far too hot."

Bren Haas said...

OH MY WORD... LOVE THIS! Looks like my jack in hiding!

blogger templates | Make Money Online