Monday, April 30, 2012

Garden2Blog 2012 with P. Allen Smith


My spring travels continue, and this time, I'm off to Little Rock, Arkansas, for the second annual Garden2Blog event, hosted by P. Allen Smith. As you may recall, I was one of his guests last year too, and I feel honored to have been asked to come back again.

Allen's home at Moss Mountain Farm
Allen loves gardening, which is why he's made it his life's work, and that includes sharing information and ideas that encourage others to become gardeners as well as helping current gardeners become better at it. On a personal level, I've found Allen to be gracious, humble, humorous, approachable, and a downright good guy.

Allen shares the Rose Garden plans with our
Garden2Blog group
I'm not sure what all he's got in store for us this year, but I know I'm looking forward to seeing the completed rose gardens, which were just getting started when I visited last year. And then there's the $150,000 house that he's building in 150 days with eco-friendly materials. But the best part will be getting together with about 20 other garden bloggers and friends and having a good time as we share our passion for growing.

Now, I'm off to the airport. More to come!



4 comments:

Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Looking forward to following you and the rest of the G2B gang again this year. I hope you have lovely weather!

Kylee Baumle said...

Erin ~ No tornadoes would be nice this time! ;-) I'm going to try and post photos on my Facebook page every day. I find it hard to blog and stuff while I'm actually attending events. But I'm going to try!

Jenny said...

I would love to see his gardens too! I'll be hearing him speak this week in Fayetteville, Arkasas at the Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks. It will be my first time to hear him in person & I'm really looking forward to it.

Commonweeder said...

I am eager to see that rose garden. This all sounds like fun.

blogger templates | Make Money Online