Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Best Toffee In the World


No one loves toffee more than I do.  It's my favorite candy in the whole wide world.  I've tried toffee in so many places that I've lost track and that includes several foreign countries.  I like most toffees that I've had, but there's only one that I truly love.

www.capitalhotel.com
I encountered Lambrecht's Gourmet Toffee in April 2011, when I attended the first Garden2Blog event, hosted by P. Allen Smith at his Moss Mountain Farm just outside Little Rock, Arkansas.  He put us up in the Capital Hotel in downtown Little Rock and one of the perks of the five-star historical hotel is that they put 3-ounce bags of Lambrecht's Toffee on your pillow each night.

Now I got excited when I saw that it was toffee, but then I ate some.  It was the most incredible toffee I've ever eaten.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I know it's the world's best, because there's no possible way it could be improved upon.  It has a crumble-crunch that almost melts in your mouth, and it doesn't stick to your teeth like some toffees do.  And the chocolate isn't waxy at all - just milk chocolate that melts as soon as it hits your tongue.

http://www.lambrechtgourmet.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=26&product_id=81
Last year, I didn't get to go to Garden2Blog and I tried to get some of those who did, to feel sorry for me.  Not because I wasn't going to be there for all the fun (which I certainly wanted to be, too), but because I was going to miss out on the toffee that I love so much.  And you know what?  A couple of packages of it showed up in the mail.  Now those are true friends, that will share Lambrecht's Toffee with you.  I'm not that good of a friend.  I won't share it.  LOL.

Next week, I get to experience Garden2Blog, The Capital and  Lambrecht's again. I'm going to try to find the toffee there in one of the local businesses so I can take some home with me. 

And then I'm going to hide it.


4 comments:

CommonWeeder said...

Clearly there is more to life than plants! I love toffee too!

Kylee Baumle said...

Pat ~ I know, right? We are more than gardeners. We're toffee connoisseurs too! :-)

Jim said...

Try Enstrom's Toffee.

Kylee Baumle said...

Jim ~ I'll try any toffee, but I have to say that Enstrom's has one strike against it before I even taste it when it compares to Lambrecht's - almonds. I much prefer pecans in my toffee. :-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online