Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pumpkin Torte on the Thanksgiving Table


It's been two years since I posted my pumpkin torte recipe, but since there are always new readers to this blog, and I get asked for this recipe every year around this time, I'm posting it again. This is seriously good stuff and it's my personal favorite dessert of all time. Enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving to all!


With Thanksgiving looming on the horizon, thoughts turn to food and those special dishes we enjoy as we dine with family. I'll be doing the turkey again this year as well as the pumpkin torte that I'm known for. With the exception of my husband, our family likes this dessert better than pumpkin pie. It's not that he doesn't like the torte - he does. He just likes pie better.

To each his own, I say.

I've posted my recipe for the pumpkin torte a few times before, but I always get asked again for it when Thanksgiving rolls around, so here you go:


Kylee's Pumpkin Torte


1 yellow cake mix (take out 1 cup)
3 eggs
1¼ cup white sugar

¾ cup butter

¾ cup evaporated milk

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 large can pumpkin pie mix
(30 oz.)

Crust
: Mix the cake mix (less 1 cup) with one egg and ½ cup butter. Press into the bottom of a greased jelly roll pan (10½ x 15½ x 1).
Filling: Mix until smooth - pumpkin pie mix, 2 eggs, and evaporated milk. Pour on top of the crust.
Topping
: Mix 1 cup cake mix, sugar, cinnamon and ¼ cup butter. Sprinkle on top of the pumpkin mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.

Enjoy the torte, enjoy the day, and don't forget to give thanks!



6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is very similar to my Pumpkin Crumble recipe. Maybe I will call it a torte. That sounds so much more sophisticated. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

One of the best things about this torte is the mis of textures. The top "crust" reminds me of how crème brûlée is a little bit. Not as hard though. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Colleen said...

Looks wonderful but do have a ?
When you say; '1 large can pumpkin pie mix' you talking about the 15oz. can or the large 30oz. can?
I had decided this year to make individual; 'The No Bake Double Layer Pumpkin Pie' and putting in wide-mouth (short and fat)canning jars. Those who wish to take their dessert home with them, all you have to do is put on the canning lid and they are all set to hit the road. Easy Peasy
Thank you for your torte recipe.
Have a Wonderful and Blessed ThanksGiving

Kylee Baumle said...

Colleen ~ Yes, the 30 oz. can. I've updated the blog post to include that for clarification. Thanks for asking!
Your Mason jar pumpkin pies sound cute! What a unique idea!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. We had a quiet day at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It looks good.

Kylee Baumle said...

Susanne ~ Thanks! We had a quiet day too, as my husband and I have been sick. We are to have our Thanksgiving here with the family on Sunday, so it's a good thing we didn't plan on it for Thursday. If you try the pumpkin torte, I hope you'll like it! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

blogger templates | Make Money Online