Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Bought it For the Foliage


This spring, I was walking around the garden centers, in search of petunias to fill lots of spots in the garden, since I had declared this year to be The Year of the Petunia here at Our Little Acre. I found an orange one that I decided I needed, and not too far away on the bench was a plant with foliage that looked like it was just made to go with that petunia.

I can imagine all kinds of wonderful things this would complement!

I bought them both and potted them up in a hanging container for the gazebo:


Even though I knew full well that the beautiful-foliaged plant was a Fuchsia, for some reason I didn't expect it to do this:


This just might be my most favorite plant of the summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuchsia austromontana 'Autumnale'
Zone: 10-11
Light:  Part shade to Shade


5 comments:

Bec said...

That foliage is so gorgeous!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is delightful. All that color is exciting.

Beth said...

Hi Kylee, Your fuchsia is a beauty! I've never seen that particular cultivar. Hope the hummingbirds find your fuchsia; they are such delightful creatures; love to watch them. Hope you are having a great summer!

RobinL said...

I've never heard of a variegated fuschia, how gorgeous!

Christina Salwitz said...

This one never disappoints! :-) I used in both sun and shade this year and it's holding up like a trooper.

blogger templates | Make Money Online