Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not Max


There's Max, of course. And then there's Not Max. Of course.

The Great Kitty Migration of 2007 to Our Little Acre has officially begun. Romie woke me up early this morning, which he knows better than to do unless it's something very important. "Honey, did you let a cat into the garage last night, thinking it was Max?"

No.

"Uh, well, there's a Max look-alike in our garage right now, laying in the kitty bed, purring."

NO.

If I roll over and go back to sleep, maybe when I wake up, I'll realize it was a dream nightmare. But as Jack jumps up on the bed and starts playing with my feet, I know I am awake and it's for real. I rolled over anyway. It's too early to deal with this.

When I got up an hour or so later, I went downstairs and cautiously opened the door to the garage. I peeked out and sure enough, there was a yella fella eating from the dish of cat food. He looked up briefly, then went back to what he was doing. He wasn't scared of me, in fact, once his appetite was satisfied, he came over and rubbed up against my legs. He let me pet him and I noticed he's very thin. He appears to have been 'out there' for awhile, but his friendliness tells me he once had a place he called home.

I don't know if he will end up staying here or we'll find that he belongs to one of the neighbors. I've not seen him in the neighborhood before, but I'll check around. In the meantime, if he needs a warm place to stay and food to eat, he's got our number.

6 comments:

Carleenp said...

You know he is staying!!!! :P

And he sure does look like Max!

Unknown said...

Congratulations - you've been adopted.


Again.

Carol said...

Hey! How did my Morris get to your place?

LOL

Enjoy your new kitty!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why Torry asked me for directions to your house.

greenlegs80 said...

And so it begins...

You know, if you didn't have a heart of gold those things wouldn't keep showing up.

I am jealous though. I know that if we lived in the country we would have our rendition of the Baumle feline farm...

I can't wait to meet the new fella!

Zeute said...

So who's winning you or Torry?

blogger templates | Make Money Online