Wednesday, September 3, 2008

39 Sunflowers


What used to be a sun garden is becoming more shady and this gardener hasn't adjusted her use of that garden to reflect that. If you plant sunflowers in such a spot, and dwarf ones at that, you get dwarf-sized impact.

But all is not lost!


Put them a
little lot closer together in striking blue bottles, and it's a whole other thing:


The idea of putting the sunflowers in blue bottles was blatantly stolen from The Garden Gnome. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?
;-)

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your sunflowers are just pretty as a picture. Those blue bottles set them off perfectly.

Shady Gardener said...

What a Beautiful Collection!! :-) Thanks for sharing what I cannot readily grow!! (I have rudbekia, but have not space for others.)

Mother Nature said...

The blue bottles are a beautiful compliment to the flowers. I'll have to remember this great tip.

Lady Bug said...

You are welcome to use my ideas anytime. :) Plus I can not be the first to have put flowers in blue bottles. They look great.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Reading the title I was expecting huge sunflowers; I like these much better.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That arrangement is just beautiful! I like the triangle bottle the best, but it's much nicer grouped with the others.

I love the beetles count in your left sidebar. :) My kids enjoyed looking for the "bad beetles" with me.
Can I steal that idea for next summer?

Robin's Nesting Place said...

That is a striking riot of color! Beautiful!

Aiyana said...

I love these arrangements! Everything about them is perfect.
Aiyana

HappyMouffetard said...

A harvest of snshine - beautiful!

Unknown said...

By the way, you've put good music in my head... my ex and I danced to "I've Got You (Under My Skin)" (the Sinatra/Bono duet version) at our wedding. I love that song.

blogger templates | Make Money Online