Wednesday, September 3, 2008

39 Sunflowers

What used to be a sun garden is becoming more shady and this gardener hasn't adjusted her use of that garden to reflect that. If you plant sunflowers in such a spot, and dwarf ones at that, you get dwarf-sized impact.

But all is not lost!

Put them a
little lot closer together in striking blue bottles, and it's a whole other thing:

The idea of putting the sunflowers in blue bottles was blatantly stolen from The Garden Gnome. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?


Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your sunflowers are just pretty as a picture. Those blue bottles set them off perfectly.

Shady Gardener said...

What a Beautiful Collection!! :-) Thanks for sharing what I cannot readily grow!! (I have rudbekia, but have not space for others.)

Mother Nature said...

The blue bottles are a beautiful compliment to the flowers. I'll have to remember this great tip.

Lady Bug said...

You are welcome to use my ideas anytime. :) Plus I can not be the first to have put flowers in blue bottles. They look great.

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Reading the title I was expecting huge sunflowers; I like these much better.

Have a great weekend!

Jendi said...

That arrangement is just beautiful! I like the triangle bottle the best, but it's much nicer grouped with the others.

I love the beetles count in your left sidebar. :) My kids enjoyed looking for the "bad beetles" with me.
Can I steal that idea for next summer?

Robin's Nesting Place said...

That is a striking riot of color! Beautiful!

Aiyana said...

I love these arrangements! Everything about them is perfect.

HappyMouffetard said...

A harvest of snshine - beautiful!

Blackswamp_Girl said...

By the way, you've put good music in my head... my ex and I danced to "I've Got You (Under My Skin)" (the Sinatra/Bono duet version) at our wedding. I love that song.

blogger templates | Make Money Online