Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Plan Now To Attend the 2009 Cincinnati Flower Show


2007 Cincinnati Flower Show at Coney Island

I have attended the Cincinnati Flower Show twice with my mom and while we thought we would attend yet a third time this past year, for reasons I don't recall now, we didn't get there. Our past visits were both enjoyable and we want to share the fun with my older daughter Kara, so we are putting it on our 2009 calendar now.

2009 marks the 20th anniversary of the Show and they are offering a special price for admission to the show, which is being held April 20-26, if you purchase tickets prior to December 31, 2008. Price of admission during the Show is $20 but if you buy your ticket now, it will cost just $14. You can order them here.


For the past seven years, the Cincinnati Flower Show has been held at historic Coney Island, but in 2009, the Show will be at its new home at Symmes Township Park on North Lebanon Road on the northeast side of Cincinnati.

The Cincinnati Horticulture Society, which puts on the Flower Show, plans to transform the nearby historic Meade House into a cultural center for year-round events and displays. Eventually it is hoped that a greenhouse will be built on the 7-acre property, part of the larger 27 acres that already has walking paths and an arboretum.




For updates on the Cincinnati Flower Show, you can register here.
(Submit your e-mail on the right side of the screen).

See you there!




11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have always wanted to go here. It would be so much fun. Hmmmm.

Kylee Baumle said...

Lisa, you really should plan on going. It's a great show, and with it relocating to a natural setting, I see it only being better there. You could make a getaway out of it, because there are plenty of other things to do in Cincinnati, of course. We plan on visiting the Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum while we're down there. And then there's the IKEA store... LOL.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I wish we could see each other there but I don't think that's going to happen next year as it is just a bit too far away for me.

Kylee Baumle said...

Oh come on, Yolanda, you can stay with me and go with us! Think how much fun it would be!!

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Oh..Kylee how wonderful, I just love garden shows and that Arboretum at the Spring Grove Cemetery must be wonderful in April / LOL Tyra

TYRA'S GARDEN

Shady Gardener said...

What a great idea!!! Wonder if I could find someone to ride along with me?? :-)

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

That door is absolutely enchanting! And the path is front of it is rustic and wonderful. You are going to have SO much fun.

Cindy

MyMaracas said...

Sounds like a great idea! I dream of gardens like this. I have the space to garden now, but it came with a lot of deer, groundhogs, and rabbits. This could be a problem. LOL

Victoria Williams said...

I bet that's quite a show! Have fun.

Unknown said...

And don't forget the Cleveland Botanical Garden show! It will open this spring... and this year's theme is "The Garden Goes to the Movies." (And yes, I'll be volunteering during the show, most likely... I'll let you know where to find me if anyone wants to say hello. :)

Kylee Baumle said...

Tyra ~ Well, just meet up with Yolanda Elizabet and fly over! Plenty of room here for both of you! :-)

Shady Gardener ~ I'll bet you can! It would be well worth it, and if the price of gas stays where it is now, it wouldn't even cost you that much for the trip!

Cindy ~ That door is from "The Secret Garden" from 2006. The display gardens are always just fabulous!

Vicki ~ We have those here, too, but I think the kitties keep them at a distance! Just get yourself a bunch of cats! LOL!

Kim & Victoria ~ You bet it is! I can't believe we missed it this year. We won't miss it in 2009!

Kim ~ Oh we won't miss that one either! It holds a special place in my heart because it was the first flower show I ever attended.

blogger templates | Make Money Online