Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Ohio Gardener" Magazine To Be Launched in January 2011


I value the networking opportunities that the internet provides for so many reasons. First and foremost, I've met so many wonderful people that share my love of gardening and have made many friends in the process. I've also been afforded opportunities to write about my experiences through various venues. As I love to write about what I love, I welcome the chance to do so whenever possible. A new writing opportunity came my way last month and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

In January, there will be a brand new opportunity for Ohio gardeners to read about gardening in their home state. That's when Ohio Gardener magazine will publish its first issue. The beauty of a regional publication is that content is directed specifically for the geographical area where its readers live. That makes it very "user friendly!"  Of course, there will be plenty of content that gardeners of all regions will be interested in and can use, so don't think if you live in Maine or Missouri or Montana that you won't enjoy Ohio Gardener.

You can subscribe now, so that you'll receive the very first issue when it comes out in January. Visit their website at http://www.statebystategardening.com/oh for more information.

A subscription costs just $17.95 a year for six issues, which is an introductory discounted rate. (Normal rate is $19.95.)  Along with your paid subscription, you'll receive a discount card good for 10% off at participating nurseries and garden centers throughout Ohio.

Wouldn't a subscription to Ohio Gardener make a great gift for the upcoming holidays? Subscribe online or by calling 800.265.3600.

 And if you're wondering if State-by-State Gardening publishes a magazine for your home state, check here: http://www.statebystategardening.com. They just might!

4 comments:

TC said...

Congrats Ms. Kylee! I think it's great that you'll be afforded the chance to write more about what you love! And if you'd like a guest writer to help out, don't forget that I live in neighboring Pennsylvania and I'm just an email or a phone call away!

Sue Catmint said...

It is truly wonderful when we step into the blogosphere as tentative novices, we don't know what opportunities and networks it will lead us to. Good luck with the new mag.

Lona said...

Hi Kylee. I have a subscription notice even now on my desk. I was so excited to see a gardening magazine for Ohio.Even more wonderful that you will be writing for it. Congrats!

Kylee Baumle said...

TC ~ Thanks, Terry! I hope you get the chance to write for Pennsylvania Gardener, too!

catmint ~ Thanks! Yes, it can be surprising!

Lona ~ Thanks! I was thrilled to find out that there was going to be an Ohio-specific magazine, too. I hope it does well! Can't wait to get the first issue!

blogger templates | Make Money Online