Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shower #1


Jenna and Joe


Our younger daughter Jenna is getting married on May 17th. This means that both of our girls will be married. I can't believe either one of them is as old as they are (25 and almost 28), which also means I can't believe either one of their parents is as old as they are! Don't most parents say these things though?

Today, Jenna and I traveled to Mishawaka, Indiana, for a bridal shower given in her honor by Joe's family, the DeCraenes. I'd not met a single person that was there, with the exception of Joe's mother. She's a lovely person and so is the rest of his family. They're very down-to-earth and open, which is exactly how a lot of people have described me, so of course I liked them!


The shower was held in the community building of an apartment complex and the room was like a big family room, very comfortably and beautifully furnished. We played a few games that were perfect for helping me get to know them better.




For refreshments, we had fresh fruits and vegetables to go with the choice of ham or turkey tortilla roll-ups and chicken salad croissants. The beautifully decorated cake was a yellow one with whipped cream-type frosting.

Jenna got some wonderful gifts, most of which were things she had listed on her registries at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond. She'll be honored with another bridal shower next weekend, given by her sister and the other bridesmaids. That one will be held at our house.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time..she will be a lovely bride!! I will be having a brdial shower for my future ddaughter in law this summer, and I'm curious about your menu! Looking forward to seeing what you do! I'm thinkin' about that mower too.....cathy

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a beautiful daughter. They make a handsome couple. Good luck to them.

Surely you aren't old enough to have a daughter 28 & 25 years old. It must have been the garden fairies that brought them to you.

Kylee Baumle said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Oh...garden fairies...I like that. :-)

Kylee Baumle said...

Hi Cathy,

I'm anxious to see what we're having, too! LOL. This will be a fun summer, won't it? :-)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

How wonderful Kylee that your youngest is going to get married too, very exiting! They make a lovely couple and I wish them every happiness.

blogger templates | Make Money Online