Monday, October 6, 2008

Where Do My Readers Live?


You may have noticed the counter on the left side of my blog - the black one with a white number and a red circle with a stick figure in it. That's a fun little application that lets me see how many people are viewing my site at one time. But it also lets me see where all the readers in the last 24 hours live. (Click on photo to enlarge.)


There's also a heat map showing where the concentration of viewers came from. Interesting that I live in the Midwestern United States and that's where most of my readers live. This being the internet and all, I didn't expect to see such a graphic clustering such as that.


At the time I captured this screen shot, there were three active readers. But just look at all the other locations where readers live! Just a smattering of those shown here:


  • Reykjavik, Iceland
  • Angra, Azores
  • Hanoi, Vietnam
  • Brezice, Slovenia
  • Kuwait
  • Nairobi, Kenya
  • Alexandria, Egypt
  • Viljande, Estonia
  • Tunapuna, Trinidad & Tobago
  • Soyapango, El Salvador
  • Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • Calama, Chile
  • Zanjan, Iran

* cue It's a Small World music *

If you're interested in getting this free application for your own web site or blog, just visit who's.amung.us.


6 comments:

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Great idea, says Tyra from the small town called Vaxholm, Sweden

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is most interesting Kylee. I have seen it on other blogs and have wondered about it. Thanks for the info. Doesn't all this just make you wonder how they came to your blog??

Rose said...

It is a small world indeed! I never think about who might be reading my blog other than those who comment on it--this would be interesting to know.

Unknown said...

Wow, you've got lots of readers from all over the place! It's a neat gadget too. Sitemeter tells me that most of my readers are from the US with a few from other places. It's interesting to see that so many readers come from the same area you live in too.

Unknown said...

I was just remarking elsewhere on this, Kylee, and how much I'd love to win the lottery so I could first travel around all of Canada and the US, then start visiting the rest of the world. At least now I have a passport--and I hold all my blogging friends made over the past several years responsible both for that and for my learning more and more about gardening every time I read a post. So many of those I read, including you, garden in very different locations from my windy Fundy shores, and it's fun to see the similarities, and the differences.

Pat said...

Thanks !!!
Very cool. I have to give a try.

blogger templates | Make Money Online