Monday, May 24, 2010

Macro Monday #1 - Aquilegia 'McKana's Giant'


I don't know where I've been all this time, but I just this morning discovered Macro Monday.  The brainchild of Lisa, of Lisa's Chaos, participants choose a macro photo and post it to share. Since I'm a lover of macro photography, as regular readers of Our Little Acre well know, I'm excited to start taking part in this sharing of the intricate details of our world!

For my very first Macro Monday post, I've chosen a photo I took last week of my yellow Columbine (Aquilegia ' McKana's Giant').  It's one of the largest Columbines I have, both in height and in size of the blooms.  I love the pure, clear, pale color it has.


For more Macro Monday photos, visit Lisa's Chaos.

12 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful! I love Aquilegias, they're always so cheerful at this time of year :)

Diana said...

I love Macro photos, too. Looking through the macro lens helps us really 'see' some of the unique elements of plants. Interesting how different varieties of Columbines can look so different -- especially this large one on a macro setting. Could easily be mistaken for something else!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a wonderful macro shot. I have never seen this kind of columbine before.

F Cameron said...

That is a lovely aquilegia!

We have the same SX10 IS camera. I'm getting to the point where I need to use my tripod more often. I look at my hands and don't think they're shaky, but I'm having more trouble now keeping the camera steady.

Teresa O said...

Ohhh I like this beautiful butter and cream columbine and being able to see the tiny, fine ridges on the petals gives the photo texture.

Darla said...

Love the softness of the color. So lady like, lol.

garden girl said...

Nice photo Kylee! I LOVE columbines.

Nutty Gnome said...

Lovely photo Kylee - the macro really brings out the pearliness of the colour :)

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I love Aquilegias, although I prefer to grow the smaller flowered ones, the McKana's Giants are sure attention getters.

Commonweeder said...

I love columbines, so delicate and so hardy. that is a gorgeous macro shot.

Anonymous said...

What a soft, buttery yellow. Very nice, Kylee!

Melanie J Watts said...

Very pretty colour Kylee My Aquilegias are not even in bud yet.

blogger templates | Make Money Online