I'm such a messy gardener. My neighbor can't believe how dirty I get when I'm out there in my garden. He told me when he first met me (not in my gardening garb) that he thought I was a prissy girl. Ha! He knows better now.
I've learned to not wear anything I don't want to get dirty when going anywhere near the garden, because even if I'm only out there "just to check on the green beans," it never fails that I'll see something else that requires that I roll up my sleeves and get dirty. For this reason, I have a whole stack of clothes (and socks!) that I only wear when I'm in the garden. I don't need to worry about getting them dirty and for sure they'll never look clean again.
I've learned the same thing when it comes to footwear. There have been several gardening shoes and boots that I've worn over the last several years and while I like some and others not so much, my favorite pair of boots has to be the last ones I got (courtesy of GardenShoesOnline.com). They're the Bogs Women's Classic Mid Paisley. Besides being a big fan of paisley, I'm now a big fan of these boots!
And just why do I like them?
- Most importantly, they're comfortable. For some reason, other boots left my feet and toes sore at the end of the day. I can wear these all day and my feet feel fine.
- They're an attractive paisley print.
- They're easy to pull on and take off. Love the built-in handles on the sides!
- They're paisley! Have I mentioned that I love paisley?
- They're waterproof. I've got other garden clogs that I like (Sloggers Uni Clogs), but if I'm in a wettish situation, these boots are my footwear of choice. They keep my feet dry and they're easy to hose off if they get dirty.
- They're high enough to keep errant dirt out of my shoes.
Right now, GardenShoesOnline.com has both the PAISLEY! boots and the Slogger Uni Clogs at special reduced prices. Need a gift or two for gardeners? What about yourself? Buy them both! :-)
|My Bogs are heavy enough to protect my feet during digging, too.|
Lily seems to be captivated by the paisley.
The Bogs Women's Classic Mid Paisley boots being reviewed in this blog post were the sole compensation for testing and reviewing the product. The Slogger Uni Clogs were purchased by me. All opinions expressed here are mine, with no suggestions whatsoever by the manufacturer or distributor. If I like it, I'll say so. If I don't, I'll say that, too.