Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stroll the Streets of Paris With Me at The Philadelphia Flower Show


I've been to France twice, but I've never been to Paris. My experience was in the French countryside, the first time in Chamonix, on Bastille Day, no less. I'll never forget emerging from the Mont Blanc tunnel to find mountains so close and so tall that it felt like they would fall in on me.

The second visit was merely a means to an end, traveling by train from Luxembourg to Basel, Switzerland and back again 10 days later. So my visit to The Philadelphia Flower Show, with its theme, "Springtime in Paris", was not reminiscent to me, as it may have been for others who've been to the real Paris.

Regardless, I found the displays to be delightful, quirky at times, and downright stunning, in one case. There was so  much to take in that I couldn't possibly share it all in one post, so I'll break it down into bits, with this one focusing on the Paris street scenes. These posts will be mostly photographic, but that's what you wanted anyway, wasn't it?

Paris Street Scenes















Lastly, my very favorite "street scene":










More to come!

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, it looks like they captured the feel of Paris. Can't wait to see more. You must have been in there before the masses of people. Great shots.

Shawna Lee Coronado said...

Gorgeous photos as always girlfriend. LOVE the pics!

Shawna

Cindy said...

Kylee, what pretty photos and what anamazing show! If Paris looks like that, I'm on my way! And I love your new look on your blog.

blogger templates | Make Money Online