Monday, March 19, 2007

Ear Worm?


With apologies to Lewis Carroll, Sammy Fain and Bob Hilliard...

A very merry half-birthday
To me
To who?
To me
Oh, you

A very merry half-birthday
To you
Who, me?
To you
Oh, me

Let's all congratulate us with another can of pop,
A very merry half-birthday to me!

Yes, today is my half-birthday. I'm observing this day as I do on all my unbirthdays, so there's not a party or anything. There should be, though, because any day I wake up breathing is cause for celebration.


Now tell me you aren't singing The Unbirthday Song now.

You're welcome. :-)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have another cup of tea, thank you kindly. :D

Signed,
AnonymiTee

Kylee Baumle said...

And I thought of YOU when I changed the lyrics!! LOLOL

You may have tea. :-)

Sisah said...

Hm, I do not quite understand the joke... it´s probably for insiders and I was not able to start the song ...but instead I am singing a real birthday song...."Hoch soll er leben".... for my husband who is 55 years today.
Anyway I wish you a very happy half-birthday. And may be there is also a song for those who had their birthday a week ago? I was born on friday the 13th....

Kylee Baumle said...

sisah, it's not really an inside joke. In the Disney movie, "Alice in Wonderland," there is a song which uses the lyrics I posted, except that it's 'unbirthday' instead of 'half-birthday' and 'cut of tea' instead of 'can of pop'. It's a very catchy song and once you hear it, you will be playing it back in your mind over and over until it drives you crazy. That is what is called an 'ear worm'.

My half-birthday was yesterday, March 19th, because it's half a year until my real birthday, September 19th. :-)

I hope that helps explain my post! Happy birthday to your husband, and happy belated birthday to you!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Happy Half-birthday Kylee! And many half returns on the day. ;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online