Sunday, March 25, 2007

Only God...


...can create perfection in a living thing quite like this...

I saw this Pilea involucrata at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens yesterday. It's sometimes called the Friendship Plant, because it's so easy to propagate. I have an all-green one (P. nummulariifolia) and I can testify to the truth of that. I bought a small hanging pot of it at Lowe's last year and this year I have two pots, as a result of taking cuttings and rooting them.


Join Green Thumb Sunday

*I am one week behind in my blogging, due to my trip to Florida, and I'll be playing catch-up for the next few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh and it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty plant. Are the leaves sort of thick when you touch them? They look so crinkly.

Kylee Baumle said...

Yes, relatively thick, but you notice the texture more. They're rough to the touch and have a high water content. If they're healthy, they snap when you break them, much like rex begonia stems do. That means they don't like overwatering at all, which I found out the hard way with the first one of these that I had several years ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I haven't seen one of those in years. Wonder if I can find them in Hawaii? Surely they would do well here, too!

Visiting for Green Thumb Sunday!

blogger templates | Make Money Online