Friday, June 15, 2007

Flags For Flag Day



Last September, when Mom and I traveled to Winterthur, Delaware, for Garden Fair, we stopped at the United Flight 93 crash site near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It's just three miles south of US 30, which is the route we took.

I can't tell you what an emotional experience that was for both of us. We didn't expect to be moved to actual tears, but we were. We felt as if we were walking on hallowed ground. It's hard to explain; it's just something you have to experience for yourself.

In honor of Flag Day, which we celebrate here in the US on June 14th, this photo shows the flags posted near the crash site of United Flight 93 - each flag for each victim killed in the crash.



2 comments:

Green thumb said...

I agree with you Kylee, these are moments one has to experience oneself to feel them, yet I can imagine how deeply the tragedy would have affected you. I salute all the victims of that crash...

Muum said...

thanks for putting this up. I enjoyed seeing it, too.

blogger templates | Make Money Online