Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Cutest Little Carrots You've Ever Seen


'Parisian Market'

I like growing "different" things, so when I saw these little round carrots on the seed rack this spring, I knew I had to grow them. This week, I noticed some of them popping up out of the ground, so I pulled a few. Now I don't like raw carrots and I haven't yet had a chance to cook any, so I can't tell you if I think they taste good or not. But Romie and Jenna both tried them and proclaimed, "They taste like carrots," so there you have it.

It's a very well-known fact around here that Jenna hates cooked carrots, so of course, I fix them as often as possible when I know she's going to be home. She's not influenced in the least by the fact that cooked carrots are better for you than raw ones. She just doesn't like them. Just like I don't like raw ones.

We're growing 'Bolero' Nantes carrots, too. I wonder if any of those are ready yet.



Join Green Thumb Sunday

14 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I bet they're so sweet!! What a creation, huh? Love this photo.

My GTS is posted [it's in the middle section of my Sunday Blog Post, so scroll down below the day after the hurricane photos]

Rose said...

I had to check out the site about cooked carrots being better for you, because that surprised me. I can't eat a lot of raw veggies, so it's good to know cooking them is sometimes better!

Haven't stopped by here in awhile, so a couple comments on your last posts--beautiful daylilies! I have been stricken with daylily envy after looking at all these.

I'm no rose expert, but I know the one time I tried to move a rose, I think I killed half of it. I'd leave them, but wait for the advice of a real rose expert...

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Those are very cute carrots! As they are so short rooted, I'm guess that they could be grown in a pot. I'll have to try these next year, as all my veggie gardening is in containers, & I thought I'd never be able to grow carrots.

Shady Gardener said...

Very cute carrots! And they look to be very healthy, too. (I planted a few carrot seeds in my "sunny corner" this spring!) ;-)

Connie said...

They definitely rate high on the cuteness factor. I bet they are faster to mature, too?

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I'm with Jenna. I like raw carrots... unless of course the cooked carrots are part of a stew or soup. Then I like them cooked.

Your little carrots are so cute I want to tweak their cheeks. Do carrots have cheeks? ;)

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Mother Nature said...

I like carrots any way I can get then and I especially like your photo.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Oh geez, those are adorable carrots! I have to say I love raw carrots, and those look like they would be delicious:)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Those little fat carrots would be fun to serve at a party. Just dip the little fatties and munch.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I love that creative picture!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I'm with Jenna, I don't like cooked carrots either, I think they are revolting. Raw carrots on the other hand I find to be very yummy indeed.

I grew those round carrots two years ago and they were lovely, raw of course as I never ever cook them.

Cute pic of cute carrots!

Philip Bewley said...

Great image! you have reminded me I should plant carrots next year.
Regards,
Philip

Anonymous said...

They are cute and what a grand way to display them. I prefer cooked carrots. I cook them with lots of butter and a tad bit of brown sugar. Everyone in my south cooks with butter and sugar.

Aiyana said...

Cute is a good description. And, they taste like carrots!
Aiyana

blogger templates | Make Money Online