Thursday, July 10, 2008

My ISP Doesn't Like Me


I am posting this from my parents' house because my internet service has been down for going on three days now. We had some bad storms go through here and I suspect this is the reason for the down time. In any case, I'm chomping at the bit here, because I have blog posts I need to post, as well as other internet things to do.

You see, I live online. My heart beats wirelessly and when I'm not connected, it's like I've had a virtual heart attack.

Okay, so it's not that bad, but almost. In any case, whenever they get us up and going again, I've got stuff to post! And responses to your wonderful comments to make! I hope they get it going later today yet, because we're going to be at LilyFest this weekend and I won't really have time to spend online.

Maybe the very act of posting this whine about my ISP will subconsciously spur them to action. As if they care whether I get online tonight or not...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how addicted to the internet we all have become? Or maybe not so funny. Anyway I had to laugh at your post, because we recently went camping and took our laptop with us and yes DH and I both got online at night to check our e-mails and stuff. Sad, huh?

Kylee Baumle said...

We just got home and it's up now, but at a VERY slow speed. Don't know how long this will last, and it takes forever for a page to load. I hope it improves! Uploading a photo? Forget it!

And yes, it is funny how addicted we can get. I readily admit that I'm addicted and actually am proud of it. LOL. Not really, but I'm not ashamed of it, either and make no apologies! :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

OH how frustrating. I would be going through withdrawal too if I didn't have "the connection". I hope your service improves faster than it is working now. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh no! How frustrating. I drove through some horrible storms the other day. I wonder if the same ones went by you....

I can't stand it when I can't get on the computer. What a pain. I brought mine on vacation. Cheesehead laughed at me. Hopefully your connection speeds up soon.

Aiyana said...

I can certainly relate to your feelings about not being able to get on line. It's kind of scary, realizing what an addictive quality it has. I've tried to wean myself away from blogging every day and picking up email 10 times a day, and I've been doing better, but if I can't sign on because of problems, I feel a panic attack coming on!
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

Being disconnected is hard on the orginazation side of things. You can get behind quickly and before you know it, you've eaten 5 lb of fudge. I'm sending cyber energy and hugs your way.

Bob said...

Kylee,
Sarah and I would go nuts if we were without internet for a while. We even IM each other when we are at home rather than walking the 30 feet. Are we lazy or what?
BTW, we got a call from our ISP last night offering to double our DSL speed for $5 more per month. Would share with you our excess bandwidth with able!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

You and me both, girlfriend. I'm experiencing a lot of pc trouble too but with me it's the pc itself. Must get a new one soon! You feel so cut off when you can't get on the net.

Glad to see that your problems are sorted, mine will be sorted soon too, hopefully. ;-)

blogger templates | Make Money Online