Monday, July 14, 2008

The Hurrier I Go, The Behinder I Get


Summer is in high gear here and I'm already in a panic about how I'm running out of weekends before summer's end. Lots of things going on, and lots yet to do! I can't keep up with myself! I have a gazillion photographs to edit and upload from our trip to Hocking Hills over the weekend, plus those that I've been taking of our flowers as they've been blooming at hyper speed.

Since there are family members and friends that read this blog as a way of keeping up with what's going on in our lives as well as in the garden, over the next week or so I'll try to play catch-up and post about all the fun things we've been doing. Hopefully, everyone else that reads Our Little Acre won't be too bored with our oh-so-exciting-life. (It's exciting to us, but it doesn't really take much to excite us!)

Let's see . . . I need to post about:

  • Our day spent hiking through Litzenberg Woods this spring
  • Our bus trip to Chicago Botanic Gardens
  • The expansion of Max's Garden
  • Fruit harvest
  • Our new garden scarecrow
  • My early birthday present
  • Our new grape vines
  • This year's vegetable garden and ongoing harvesting
  • Our new compost bin
  • New garden purchases
  • LilyFest in Rockbridge (Ohio)
  • Hiking in Hocking County

. . . and then of course there are those thoughts and discoveries that occur on pretty much a daily basis while working in the garden. Never a dull moment!

Now - what to blog about first? You tell me.


6 comments:

Garden Lily said...

I'd vote for the hiking trip through Litzenberg Woods, LilyFest, and your 6 Random Things. ;-) Ha ha, sounds like you're like me, I always have dozens of ideas of what to blog, and don't get around to half of them. All the best in your garden this summer!

Kylee Baumle said...

Oh my goodness, YES! The random things! Sorry I didn't get to it before now! I did this last summer and it was kind of fun. I'll work on that first. :-)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Take a deep breath my dear! I have quite a lot to post about too (I've been to a zillion gardens on both my holidays and visited some more with my garden club) but when there is so much to write about I combine a few things. Why not write a post about your lovely garden and show us the new scarecrow, your early birthday present (if that is garden related), your new grape vines, the veggie garden and harvests, the new compost bin and your new garden purchases. There, that is half your list gone. ;-)

On Bliss there is red hot love. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello!! I'm a new daylily fanatic and thrilled to find this site (fairly new to the internet and new to blogs too).
While visiting in Indiana I happen to pass Lakeside Daylilies in Lynnville. I stopped and was totally amazed! Forever hooked! I ordered 25 daylilies!! I love the ones I ordered and can't wait for them to be delivered.
My quetions... now that I've calmed down a little bit LOL, I want to order more but need advice:

Which daylillies will bloom the longest and have repeat blooming? Best place to order? I live in NE OHIO. I would also love to do a tour and buy more in NE OHIO.

Winter is long, depressing and dull for me. I need BLOOMS and lots of them. I'm a Cone Flower lover and have tons of them for their all season blooming & beauty.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help or advice you can offer!!

Crzy4Blooms@AOL.com

Anne

Barbee' said...

I look forward to reading about all of it, any way you want to dish it out.

Kylee Baumle said...

Garden Lily ~ Okay, I posted six things! :-)

Yolanda Elizabet ~ That's a good suggestion, but the post would be so long that people would be collapsing from exhaustion before they got through it! I'll make it. It's just going to keep me busy!

And I want to be able to read other people's blogs, too, and it seems like such a long time since I've taken a big chunk of time just for that.

Being busy is a good thing, though, as long as you're not too busy.

Barbee ~ Thank you. I'll work my way through them.

And look! It's the 15th already, which means I need to post what's blooming here! (Hint: LOTS!)

blogger templates | Make Money Online