Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Six Random Things About Me


Last summer, I posted Seven Random Things About Me, then I got tagged in November, and now Garden Lily has tagged me this summer. This time, I only have to come up with six things, which I will have to dig deep to find. Here goes!

October 1968
  1. My first garden was in the late1960s when I was in 4-H. It was at my grandparents' house out on their farm and was entirely in raised beds made with old railroad ties with tiered levels leading up to a small pond with a waterfall. Probably my mom designed the garden and I think it was there for a few years before I planted things for my project. It made my project look good. ;-)

  2. I can't wear baseball caps. Oh, I can put them on, but it ain't a pretty sight. My head is larger than average, so I have problems even finding hats that fit. I know, baseball caps are usually adjustable, but with my big noggin' they look utterly ridiculous. In fact, I look ridiculous in most hats so I don't wear them.

  3. Another thing that you'll rarely see me in is sunglasses. I'm too cheap and absent-minded to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses that being near-sighted requires. I have brown eyes, so light doesn't bother me as much as it does my blue-eyed husband whose whole day can be ruined if he leaves home on a sunny day without his sun specs.

  4. I am a cat person. Now that's not a news flash, but what I'm not saying by making that statement is that I'm not a dog person. I think I understand a little bit when people say they don't like cats because I feel the same way about dogs. Although for the love of all that is affectionate, soft, cuddly, smart, and adorable, why wouldn't anyone love to have a cat???

  5. I have a pretty good-sized collection of Winnie-the-Pooh books and memorabilia. Not the Disney cartoon imitation of Pooh, but the original E.H. Shepard illustrated Pooh, as created by A.A. Milne in 1926. Sadly, today's kids and many adults think the Disney version is the only Pooh there is or ever was.

    I used to own and maintain a Pooh website called The Literary World of Winnie-the-Pooh, which can be seen in partiality by using The Wayback Machine. Parts are missing and the fonts aren't appearing as they originally did, but you get the idea.

  6. I am The Queen of Procrastination. For some of you, that needs no further explanation, and the rest of you wouldn't really understand anyway.

I'm supposed to tag others for this meme, but I'll take the easy way out and say that anyone who wants to do this, please do! If you participate, please leave a comment here so I can go and read about your randomness. Kara, here's your opportunity to join in on the fun! (Yes, that means you've been tagged and I can't wait to read what it is I might not know about you. *giggle* )




10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Kylee I find it difficult to believe that you are a procrastinator. You accomplish so much. I enjoyed reading these fun facts.

Shady Gardener said...

Kylee, This was a fun post! I'm an A.A. Milne fan, myself. Used to read the original stories and poems in my classroom! I will check out your link. :-)

chey said...

Thanks for sharing Kylee! I can't wear baseball caps either:).

Robin's Nesting Place said...

You always share such interesting tidbits! I never have worn caps or hats, but I usually wear sun visors when I garden. I rarely ever wear sunglasses. Everyone in my family puts them on as soon as they go outside. I usually don't need them, and I have blue eyes.

Bob said...

1. Deep roots, uh? Purty!!!
2. Knew that! Me too, I have a hard time finding hat/cap to fit.
3. Blue eyes, sunglasses are always on outside.
4. No, really?!? :snicker:
5. Thanks for sharing the Pooh url!
6. No, really?!? :snicker:

Carla said...

I love the original version of Pooh. I, like your husband, am one of those blue eyed people who can end up with a wicked headache if it's too bright and I'm without sunglasses. But I am sometimes forgetful about them as well.

Unknown said...

It's always fun to read these posts about everyone.

I'm pretty good at procrastinating myself, but if I have a deadline I can really start cracking too.

I also prefer cats to dogs, mainly because I hate how dogs are constantly licking.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

This post was such a treat to read, Kylee. I especially love the first photo of your first 4-H garden. I looks so good I would have never guessed. And your kitty photo is precious!!!!!!

A fellow cat lover (like you didn't know),
Cindy

Laura said...

Kylee, nice to see a fellow NW Ohio on here! Great blog I enjoyed it very much!!! Loved your Garden Tours section!!! I work at a tree nursey and love my job everyday!! Can't wait to tour some of the gardens (shows) you have posted!!

Laura

MrBrownThumb said...

Kylee,

Wanted to let you know I added you to my blog list. Thanks for the add.

blogger templates | Make Money Online