Monday, March 30, 2009

2009 Spring Fling in Chicago


I love Chicago. I love gardening. I love blogging. So how do you think I feel about going to Chicago May 29-31 for Spring Fling to spend the weekend with garden bloggers from all over the country? I'm EXCITED!


There's a full schedule planned, visiting gardens, talking gardening and blogging with people that I've never met in person, yet I feel like I know them from reading their blogs. Though my mom isn't a blogger, she reads many of them and when we talk about gardens and blogs and I mention this blogger or that one, she knows who I'm talking about. She'll be riding shotgun with me on the trip.

Last year, the first Spring Fling was held in Austin, Texas, and I dearly wanted to attend that one, but it just couldn't be worked into the budget. I was thrilled when I found out it was going to be in Chicago this year. I'm familiar with Chicago, since I've been there many times, and it's just a few hours away by car.


The Chicago Bloggers have a great site with all the details about Spring Fling 2009, including information about the schedule, lodging, and a list of the bloggers that will be attending. All the details will be updated as needed, so if you're thinking of going, be sure to get registered and stay on top of things by visiting and bookmarking their site.


6 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Sounds fun! Maybe one day it will be in Seattle. Have a great time.

Cathy S. said...

Hope to meet you here with my mom Carolyn Gail (Sweet Home and Garden)
it should be lots of fun.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I really want to come, I just hope the details work out so I can! I'd love to meet you and the other bloggers!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I get to go to this one Kylee. I can't wait to meet you. My sister is coming with me. We are anxious to meet everyone and see the garden side of Chicago.

Kylee Baumle said...

Catherine ~ Seattle is one place I hope to visit one day. I have long-time friends (and new ones) that live there and the Pacific Northwest looks to me to be a gorgeous place!

Cathy ~ You WILL meet me there and I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your mom, too!

Robin ~ I will be so disappointed if you aren't able to be there! You are one of the ones I most hope to meet!

Lisa ~ Oh gooooood! I'm so glad you'll be there! As probably my most faithful long-time reader and commenter, it will be wonderful to finally meet you in person!

Gail said...

I am going to be there and look forward to meeting everyone face to face! Austin was a delight and what made it so was all the time we got to spend together over meals, in transit, at breakfast, over coffee... There seems to be a theme...food and drink! Gail

blogger templates | Make Money Online