Monday, May 18, 2009

A Visit From a Garden Blogger


I'd been waiting for this day for several weeks, looking forward to a very special visitor that I'd only known via her garden blog. She and her husband had been vacationing in Michigan and they made a slight detour on the way home to southwestern Indiana on Sunday so we could meet and "talk shop" for a little bit.

Those of you who have gotten to know Lisa through her Greenbow gardening blog, know what a treat she is. Let me tell you here and now that she is just like you thought. Down to earth and full of joy!



We talked our way through the garden, discussing how she could grow this and I couldn't, how she couldn't grow that and I could, and how both of us had problems with variegated Jacob's Ladder.

The tree peony 'Sahohime' was nearly in full bloom (42 of them!) just in time for Lisa's visit.

Before we knew it, three hours had passed and our guests had to get moving, because home was more than five hours away. I sent Lisa home with some pink Lily-of-the-Valley and Lady's Mantle that my mom had shared with me from her garden and from here at Our Little Acre, several bulbs of the ugliest daffodil I've ever grown. Oops, I told Lisa I was going to stop talking that way about them since she likes them. Maybe they'll look better in her garden.

Lisa and I are both going to be attending Spring Fling in Chicago in two weeks, so this meeting only served to give us both one more thing to look forward to - a familiar face!



Lisa, thank you for taking the time and going out of your way to visit us here at Our Little Acre. The time we spent with you and your husband was a delight and I look forward to seeing you again at Spring Fling!

12 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

What fun to meet and share garden tales with each other! Your peony is just gorgeous.

Diana said...

What a fun visit that must have been, Kylee. Looks like you had perfect weather for a blogger's tour. I follow both your blogs and can't wait to meet you both at SF in two weeks. We had so much fun meeting 40 of our blogging friends at last year's Fling.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your visit with us and for letting us put one more face to a name. :)

Rose said...

I've been wondering where Lisa was, since she hadn't posted in awhile--now I know! What fun for the two of you to be able to meet and share some special gardening time together. Lisa and I met briefly once BB (before blogging), but I'm excited to meet both of you at Spring Fling!

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

I love seeing the photo of you two. Can't wait to meet you both. Isn't it fun to put a person with his/her blog?~~Dee

Meems said...

Well, I have to say I know the excitement you both felt. I'll never forget getting to meet you right here in my own garden. Putting a face and real person to a blog friend is so very connecting. I had another visitor last week I still need to blog about... it was another fun day.

I'm secretly waiting for Lisa to make her way down here. She has relatives in St. Pete.

So glad for both of you and, Kylee, your garden looks fabulous. A really good time for visitors.
:-)

Meems @ Hoe and Shovel

Nutty Gnome said...

How great to meet a fellow blogger! It looks like you both had a fun time.

I understand your excitment as I'm going to meet Rob (of Our French garden in the beautiful Dordogne) in July when we're down there on holiday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Annie in Austin said...

We Austin bloggers have so been so lucky with in-person meetings while other bloggers live far apart. Seeing you two together makes me feel less guilty, Kylee.

It's also so cool that Lisa made you alert to the bluebirds! I hope you and Lisa have a wonderful time in Chicago.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Robin's Nesting Place said...

What a special treat for both of you! Can't wait to read Lisa's post about it!

Layanee said...

And now you are old friends! What is better than having a fellow blogger visit your garden? -

Pam/Digging said...

That's a great picture of the two of you. You look like old friends already. See you both in Chicago!

Wayne Stratz said...

what a wonderful day... especially dumping those "ugly" daffodils ;')

blogger templates | Make Money Online