Sunday, September 27, 2009

Search For a Wildflower Print


There's a particular wildflower print I've seen, and I have to have it.

I've googled the name[s] and I've searched botanical prints on Art.com. My searches have come up empty, but perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places or in quite the right way. Maybe you can help.


My friend Diana bought a botanical print for her husband's study several years ago. It measures approximately 40" by 20" and is signed twice by the artist. The first signature, "Deb Boyer," is on the original print and the second was added by the artist later and is "Deb Wright." I can only assume that the artist got married (or divorced) which might explain a name change. With the second signature, it indicates that there were 2500 prints.


Diana purchased the print at an art shop in the Village at Winona near Warsaw, Indiana, but the art shop is no longer in business, so that lead met a dead end.
Perhaps you've heard of the artist or have seen this print. I'm hoping the great network of gardeners can help me find one of the prints, because I really want one.

Help, please?

(Click on photo for a larger view of the great details in this print!)



11 comments:

Sunita Mohan said...

I would've been hunting for that priont too if I were you. Its very pretty.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Great print Kylee, I would want it too. Good luck on your search.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful print, indeed. I searched Google and Wiki, too and came up with nothing about the artist. There are about 1750 botanical prints for sale on eBay, if you wanted to scroll through those. You never know -- you just might get lucky. :) I hope you find it.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can see why you want it Kylee. It goes with the color scheme of your home perfectly. Best of luck. Unfortunately I have never heard of this artist. I guess you have googled her??

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I hope you can find it, it's so pretty!

Garden Lily said...

It looks like the original copyright date is 1997? I have done some searching tonight, but not found anything relevant. I hope you find it. It is a beauty.

Janet @ bigjobsboard said...

Beautiful. Good Luck!

Peg Wiggins said...

It is a beautiful depiction of Spring's wildflowers.
Easy to see why you'd like for yourself.
Me too ! ! !

Unknown said...

This is my aunt's print! I will get info to you soon.

Kylee Baumle said...

Andrea ~ Are you SERIOUS? Oh wow...Merry Christmas to ME! :-) I can't wait to hear from you. I'm sure there would be other gardeners that would love this as well. She really should make this available online, and if it already is, then make it easily found. She's got a bestseller with this one. You know I've seen it in person, and it's OUTSTANDING.

THANK YOU!!

Unknown said...

Sent you an email with contact information.

blogger templates | Make Money Online