Friday, October 2, 2009

With Thanks and Gratitude


Many of you are familiar with Blotanical, the website "where garden blogs bloom." For the past few weeks, nominations and voting were carried out for their annual Blotanical Awards for excellence in many aspects of garden blogging.

On Wednesday, the votes were in and the winners announced. I was surprised and thrilled to find out that Our Little Acre was voted "Best Ohio Blog" by my fellow Blotanists! Nothing makes one feel happier than to know that your peers like what you do and choose to express that by taking the time to vote.

Thank you.


Gardening is a great love of mine and so is writing about it. Perhaps that shines through each time I publish another entry here. In any case, I'm grateful for the honor that's been bestowed upon me and will endeavor to continue to bring you information and updates on what we grow and do here at Our Little Acre in a way that keeps you coming back for more. I truly enjoy your comments and have learned so much from you.


For those that have never visited the other Ohio blogs that were nominated with me in this category, you're missing out. There's some quality writing, photography and overall good stuff contained within the pages of
A Hocking Hills Garden, Life in Robin's Nest, Chiot's Run, and A Study in Contrasts. Check them out, as well as the winners in other categories.

Congratulations to all!


16 comments:

Shady Gardener said...

Kylee, Many congratulations on receiving this award! I was humbled to think someone nominated me for the Iowa award. Didn't make it, but there was stiff competition!! :-)

By the way, on September 10 you tagged me for a meme. I've finally found time to post!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

So nicely put. You know, it was interesting to see some states I read all the blogs from that area. Other states I hadn't a clue. Go figure.

Jan said...

Kylee, Many congratulations to you on receiving this award;-)

Becca's Dirt said...

Congratulations!!! You deserve it girl. You have an informative and eye pleasing blog. And you remember to have fun. I love this blogging world and find so many interesting blogs.

Ewa said...

Kylee,
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Way to go Kylee. It is no surprise that you won. Yipeee....

Chiot's Run said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kylee!!! A very well-deserved award for a gardener who is very devoted to her blog AND her garden! :)

(And thanks for the link love, and letting me know that I had been nominated, too, by the way. I haven't been able to log into Blotanical for months now, in spite of resetting my password several times, so I had no idea.)

Pam/Digging said...

Congrats on your win, Kylee. You have a wonderful blog!

garden girl said...

Warm Congratulations on your win Kylee! Not at all surprised, I'm thrilled and happy for you! :) Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you an a very well-deseved win, and thanks to you for the plug! Keep up the great work. Go Ohio!

Muum said...

Congrats! I love your blog!

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Warmest congratulations , Kylee on your award. Enjoy your blog very much.

Louise Hartwig said...

I love your blog, but I am your Mother,but you have made me aware of so many others. It is a big world
out there. Keep writing. Mom

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Congratulations on your award! Yours one of one the first I found when I joined Blotanical and I always enjoy it :)

Connie said...

Congrats, Kylee. A well deserved award for a dedicated gardener and blogger.

blogger templates | Make Money Online