Friday, January 14, 2011

America's Homegrown Veggies Radio Show


About a month ago, I got an e-mail from Kate Copsey, host of America's Homegrown Veggies Radio Show, asking if I would be a guest on her show. Needless to say, I was honored and agreed. I'd met Kate in Dallas, TX, during the GWA Annual Symposium, when we bumped into each other and I noticed on her name tag that she was from my part of Ohio.  I introduced myself and told her we were "almost neighbors!"

Today, I traveled to Kate's home, near Toledo, to tape the show, which airs tomorrow morning.  It's done in four segments, each 13.5 minutes long, with breaks for commercials. Fifty-four minutes, talking about vegetables? I worried that this was an awfully long time for me to be in conversation about vegetables, but Kate is a pro at what she does. She knows the questions to ask and how to put her guests at ease.



Before we knew it, the time was up and the recording session was over. The show will air tomorrow (Saturday) at from 10:00-11:00 Eastern Time on America's Web Radio. The episode is available after the show as well, in case you want to hear it and aren't around when it initially airs.

America's Home Grown Veggies airs each Saturday at 10:00 A.M., Eastern Time. Kate has had a wide variety of guests, all with a love for growing vegetables and other edibles.

Thank you for asking me to be on your show, Kate. It was fun to "talk shop" with you!



4 comments:

Dave@TheHomeGarden said...

Very cool! Congrats on the radio appearance!

Terra said...

The radio show sounds excellent.

fer said...

So cool! congratulations. Sounds like a very fun experience.

Darla said...

Kudos to the both of you I'm sure it will be an informative show. Did you receive the seeds I mailed you?

blogger templates | Make Money Online