Friday, January 28, 2011

In the Pink, Inside


There are those who love pink and will loudly advertise the fact. You visit their gardens and it's clear that pink is their color. You might say that when visiting my own garden, especially because pink is the definite theme in the gardens at the front of our house. Yet, if you don't assume, and you feel the need to ask me if pink is a favorite color of mine in the garden, I'll deny it.

I have a LOT of pink EVERYWHERE in my gardens, even though red is my favorite color. I'll tell you I'm not a big fan of hearts when it comes to jewelry, too. (While you're staring at my heart-shaped necklace and matching earrings.) So I've got issues.

I've also got a lot of pink in the conservatory right now. In the dead of winter, I don't care WHAT color a flower is, I love it. How can you not love this:


This true Christmas cactus
(Schlumbergera x buckleyi) is blooming right on
schedule, in January. (Yes, that's when they're
supposed to bloom.)
This reminds me of a waterfall.



The impatiens keep on blooming as if it's summer.
Oh wait, it IS summer in the conservatory!
Wish I could find the tag for this Pelargonium. I want more
for my gardens this year.



 
Even the foliage shows pink...
Variegated Bougainvillea

Bromeliad (Guzmania sp.)

Rex begonia
 
Joseph's Coat (Alternanthera ficoidia 'Party Time')

6 comments:

Darla said...

You are funny! Very cheerful in your conservatory....just go ahead and send the Joseph's Coat to me...LOL....need more info on that baby!!

Becca's Dirt said...

Oh my Kylee - you are a lucky girl to have all this pretty pink a bloomin in the conservatory. Must be a real treat to look at when snow is on the ground where you are. I love your cactus and I've not had any luck with them. Maybe the color of my thumb is changin.

Kylee Baumle said...

Gosh, Darla, I would think you could find that pretty easily where you are!

Yes, Becca, I love going out there, ESPECIALLY when it's snowing! I can't really give you much advice on the Schlumbergera. I'm a novice where they're concerned myself! Just keep trying! :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a plethora of pink. I like pink and as you say this time of year I would take any bloom.

Donna said...

all those pinks work so well together...my Christmas cactus is blooming too but it has been blooming on and off for a couple of months...did not know it is supposed to bloom now...

meemsnyc said...

That is a gorgeous Christmas cactus. So pretty! I love pink too.

blogger templates | Make Money Online