Sunday, April 15, 2007

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em


Okay, I'm going to try a different tactic. Ten days ago, I was whining about the snow and it didn't get me anywhere, because we've had it off and on since then, and yesterday was no different. Except that we got enough that it covered the ground and just about everything else. The news announced last night that this just may be the coldest April on record. Like this is some wonderful achievement or something.

This is pathetic, is what it is.


But I'm pathetic for complaining about it, too. How many times have I told my kids when they were growing up, "Well, you can't do anything about it, so quit whining." So I'm officially declaring a moratorium on grumbling about the cold and snowy weather around here until next November or so. And I'm going to go with the flow of things, which right now is all about snow.

Weeping Japanese Cherry (Prunus 'Snow Fountain')



Coralbells (Heuchera sanguinea 'Snow Angel')



Rock Cress (Arabis alpina 'Snowcap')



Double Snowdrop (Galanthus nivalus)



Join Green Thumb Sunday

10 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I like your new found attitude about going with the snow. I love the "snow" flowers.

Linda said...

Green Thumb Sunday is here once again and it is wet and dreary in my Canadian Garden. I do have lots poking through the ground though ... making me an optimist that things are improving.

Anonymous said...

Pretty. Same here with the snow, it just won't stop.

Unknown said...

lovely snowflowers, Kylee, and your attitude is always pretty upbeat. I share your exasperation about the weather, though, because it's been downright hideous here, too. Another big dumping of the white stuff on Friday...but today the sun is out, the birds are stuffing themselves at the feeders, and the snow IS melting...so I expect to see our snowdrops again pretty soon.

Gardeners, as Crafty mentions, ARE eternal optimists...like farmers. We put seeds into the ground, "another season's promise" as the late Stan Rogers would sing, and what do you know....they come up! So yes, I'll just celebrate that the snow is going to add water to the groundwater level.

kate said...

Great pictures, as always! The Heuchera is gorgeous - the weather this spring has been something else. I often think of you since we seem to share much the same countryside ... your weather is much warmer though.

I am at the stage where it is exciting when little bits of green show up.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Hi Kylee,

As a gardener, you are allowed to do a bit of complaining about the weather every now and again. ;-)

Is it unusual to have snow this time of year where you live? I know that the weather over here is very unusual; we're having a bit of a heath wave. This kind of weather we normally have in July if we're lucky. I hope the weather will be much better soon at your neck of the woods!

Ottawa Gardener said...

I love the variety of coralbells.

Anonymous said...

Nice job get lemonade out of Lemons.
I like your "snow" Pictures.
They are beautiful.

Laura said...

The photos and flowers are so beautiful... thanks for sharing...

Ki said...

We planted some different types of Arabis but somehow they never seem to survive. Glad to see someone can grow them. The photo of the Galanthus is amazing.

blogger templates | Make Money Online