Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Kara!


I hope you have a wonderful day, my little Punkin Tayta. I can hardly believe it's been 27 years now since you were born and made me a mom. More specifically, a MoM. *wink* One of these days, you'll be having little ones of your own and you'll get to experience all the joys they bring for yourself.

Today, I want to tell you how much I enjoy sharing the love of gardening with you. You're really just a couple of years behind me in your enthusiasm for it, so a lot of things we're discovering together, just as we did with life when you were growing up. Parenting is kind of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of thing, and gardening can be a bit that way, too. There are so many variables with both, that even though volumes of books have been written on parenting and gardening, some things you just have to learn by experience.

I should have known that you would eventually come to love gardening. Your grandma has always had flowers and as a little girl, you helped her in her garden. She probably was the one that planted the initial seed within you, since I was too busy with other things at that time to really garden much. But we'll make up for lost time, I'm sure. Maybe you can go to one of the big flower shows with Grandma and me. How fun would that be? Three generations of gardeners turned loose amid the flowers and plants and garden decor...


Do you know how proud I am

Of the woman you've grown up to be?
I don't wanna brag, but admit that I grin
When they say you're a "Mini-me"!

~Cathy Curtis-O'Connell Ayon


I love you all the numbers!



3 comments:

greenlegs80 said...

Tear. Thanks MoM!

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Happy Birthday, Kara, from another May Day girl.

kate said...

That is such a lovely, heart-warming post. Kara is lucky to have such a wonderful mum and grandmum. And how special that you are passing on gardening from one generation to the next.

Happy birthday to Kara!

blogger templates | Make Money Online