At first glance out the window, I don't see any evidence of spring being here, but a closer look shows that it is. There are many subtle indications and some are in-your-face, so if you take the time to look, maybe it's spring where you are, too!
- I saw a goldfinch yesterday and heard it sing.
- I've traded in my snow boots for my mud boots.
- I smell skunks.
- The birds are singing a regular symphony in the mornings.
- Peeps in the grocery stores.
- No more scraping car windows!
- The kitties are rolling around on their backs on the cement.
- Little green cabbage heads of sedum are rising up out the of the depths of the earth.
- My nose hairs don't freeze when I breathe in.
- The ground makes that squishy noise when you walk on it.
- The mourning doves are cooing in the evenings.
- My calendar is beginning to have events scheduled on it.
- Kittens! (No...not ours!)
- Flood Watches are scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen.
- I've started seeds indoors for planting out later.
- Even the inside cats are shedding more than usual.
- The Canadian Geese are passing through, heading north.
- Daylight Saving Time.
- Whole lotta heavin' goin' on! →
- "Daffodil Days" for cancer.research
- The house flies have come out en force.
- I saw an ant outside yesterday!
Last year's pansies, started from
seed inside with Jiffy pellets