Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Answered Prayers


I'm sitting in a recovery room in Lima, Ohio, as my perfectly healthy husband lies nearby, watching Bonanza from his hospital bed. The heart catheterization is over and I just spoke with the doctor who performed it. Romie has a healthy heart, things look good, and we'll be heading home soon.

What a relief for all of us. We're thanking God for answering our prayers and thanking family and friends (which includes many of you) for speaking prayers on Romie's behalf.

It was just as Dr. Arabhour suspected: When Romie ran on the treadmill, it elicited something called repolarization abnormality. And while anything labeled as abnormal can cause some concern, in this case, it's nothing to worry about.

Mom and Dad stayed all afternoon with me, then took me out for supper once we saw Romie and got the good news. Thanks for being there, Mom and Dad. It's always easier to go through the waiting in instances like this when you've got company.

Romie is in a really good mood right now. Me, too. :-)


14 comments:

Bob said...

Excellent news! So many prayers and good thoughts centered to Lima today. Thanks be to God!

(My stress test is Thursday at 1 EDT)

Dave said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing well!

Unknown said...

Yay. It is very nice to have company in stressful times like these. I bet you have a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I'm so very glad to hear the good news, Kylee.

growingagardenindavis said...

I'm so happy to see your post...now you can really celebrate... your anniversary AND your good news!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Now that is the kind of news we all wanted to hear. I'm so happy for you and Romie, Kylee. What a relief that everything is fine!

((HUGS))

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yipeeeee this is great news Kylee.

Muum said...

glad to hear everything is ok. That really does sound like a scare nobody wants to have.

Jessica said...

wow, so glad to read things are going well!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad about this, Kylee! Much relieved. I owe you email...had a challenging couple of days here, nothing serious, but I got behind in much stuff again. Just wanted to quickly tell you you've both been in my thoughts and prayers, and I"m glad for answered prayers too. Big hugs!

Mother Nature said...

Life is good.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! Close calls make us more appreciative about the ones we love.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I'm so very happy to hear this wonderful news!!!! Probably not nearly as happy as you all are though. ;)

Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! :)

blogger templates | Make Money Online