Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Rhymes With Orange

Hemerocallis 'Primal Scream' with Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)

Honeysuckle (wish you could smell it!)

Kniphofia sp.

Echinacea 'Summer Sun'

Gaillardia sp. - either a result of random cross-pollination of 'Golden Goblin'
with other gaillardias in my garden, or a sport of 'Golden Goblin'

Lilium 'Treffer' with Hosta 'Francee'

Chinese Globe Flower
(Trollius chinensis)

Butterfly Weed
(Asclepias tuberosa)

Hemerocallis 'Primal Scream' with Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)


Brooke Kroeger said...

So pretty Kylee, I too have a bunch of orange in the garden right now. So festive and bright.

Lea said...

Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Lea's Menagerie

Cathy and Steve said...

I've never been a fan of the color orange. You may have just converted me. ;) Lovely, lovely pictures!

Kylee Baumle said...

Brooke ~ The orange just really stood out to me. I don't know that orange is my favorite color in the garden, although it depends on which flower it is. I like it better than yellow though!

Lea ~ Thank you for your sweet spirit!

Cathy and Steve ~ Me neither! But it does depend on which flower it is. I don't like all orange flowers and not even all orange daylilies. But some, such as 'Primal Scream' are exceptional. Take marigolds, for instance. I love the tiny French marigolds, but the bigger ones we usually see - not a big fan of those, although I did grow some really big frilly ones last year that I liked. It really just depends on the flower!

Julie Kroske said...

Such a joy to visit the garden through your lens. Thank you for doing what I wish I could do

blogger templates | Make Money Online