Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Rhymes With Orange


Hemerocallis 'Primal Scream' with Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)

Honeysuckle (wish you could smell it!)

Kniphofia sp.

Echinacea 'Summer Sun'

Gaillardia sp. - either a result of random cross-pollination of 'Golden Goblin'
with other gaillardias in my garden, or a sport of 'Golden Goblin'

Lilium 'Treffer' with Hosta 'Francee'

Chinese Globe Flower
(Trollius chinensis)

Butterfly Weed
(Asclepias tuberosa)

Hemerocallis 'Primal Scream' with Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty Kylee, I too have a bunch of orange in the garden right now. So festive and bright.

Lea said...

Beautiful!
Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Cathy and Steve said...

I've never been a fan of the color orange. You may have just converted me. ;) Lovely, lovely pictures!

Kylee Baumle said...

Brooke ~ The orange just really stood out to me. I don't know that orange is my favorite color in the garden, although it depends on which flower it is. I like it better than yellow though!

Lea ~ Thank you for your sweet spirit!

Cathy and Steve ~ Me neither! But it does depend on which flower it is. I don't like all orange flowers and not even all orange daylilies. But some, such as 'Primal Scream' are exceptional. Take marigolds, for instance. I love the tiny French marigolds, but the bigger ones we usually see - not a big fan of those, although I did grow some really big frilly ones last year that I liked. It really just depends on the flower!

Julie Kroske said...

Such a joy to visit the garden through your lens. Thank you for doing what I wish I could do

blogger templates | Make Money Online