Sunday, August 19, 2007

Beans, Beans . . .



Beans, beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
The more you toot, the better you feel
So let's have beans for every meal!


We've been picking green beans since the end of June, and we're still picking them. And it looks like we'll be picking them for awhile yet, because the plants are still producing and they're still blossoming, which means still more beans. Too bad I don't can them.







The foliage looks like it got caught in the crossfire, but the beans don't appear to be affected too much. Apparently, the beetles prefer the leaves. I like the beans better myself.



I wonder which will happen first:
  1. The plants will quit producing beans.
  2. The beetles will eat all the leaves and move on to the beans.
  3. Frost will kill the beans.
  4. I'll get tired of picking beans.
  5. I'll get tired of eating beans.


2 comments:

Laura said...

i, too, was tiring of eating beans and then i decided to roast some in the oven on about 400, with olive oil drizzled on them and some salt and pepper, for about 15-20 minutes. delicious and so easy!!

Connie said...

I like to steam green beans and then, while they're still hot, I drizzle them with balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, any other seasonings I desire. (OR, just pour some Italian seasoning over them.) Let sit out for awhile, then refrigerate for at least several hours. They taste great, like pickles...only without all the hard work!

blogger templates | Make Money Online