Sunday, August 26, 2007

That's Hot


Helianthus annuus

This is what happens when you combine a sunflower with the sun in the sky at late day. The intensity of color makes it look so hot it might burn your fingers if you touched it. No, I did not change this photo in any way other than some cropping. The 'glow' is what made me run for my camera in the first place and I'm happy that it was pretty much captured by the camera.

At this time of the day, the butterflies, bees, and hummingbirds are attracted to its fire, too, and all of them want to get a piece of it. When you see a flower looking like this, you can understand why it's called a sunflower.



Join Green Thumb Sunday


8 comments:

Jean said...

Both pictures are wonderful! They truly look like they are on fire! Beautiful!

Mark said...

That is scorching and very nice.It always amazes me with sunflowers no matter which way you plant them they all turn around and face the sun...amazing

Laurie and Chris said...

Awesome picture. You are right. It really does look HOT! Have a great GTS!

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of a lovely sunflower. What amazing
color. Was it taken during "the magic hour"?
I too posted a picture of a sunflower.

Muum said...

great pic. I love sunflowers. They grow here as volunteers, with no extra water, if they need too (Utah's annual ave rainfall: 13 inches) And they are beautiful

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and it really does look like it's on fire -- nice job!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Your photos for this entry are absolutely stunning! I love sunflowers and you've captured these in a light that is just awe-inspiring! Thank you! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Aiyana said...

This is a beautiful sunflower! I thought I like yellow the best, but now, I don't know. Great photos.

blogger templates | Make Money Online