Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Great Garden Plants - Where Superior Garden Plants Cost Less


When I find a good deal or a product that excites me, I've been known to blog about it here. I'm about to do it again. This time, it's about a company that I recently came across by way of Dave's Garden, called Great Garden Plants.


Located in Holland, Michigan, owners Chris and Mary have been in the horticulture business for 25 years. Mary says:

"We are also avid gardeners and are very particular about plants and how well they are grown and shipped."

As I browsed what they had to offer for sale on their site, I got more excited with each new page view. Their inventory isn't huge, by some mail order plant standards, but what they have is impressive. New introductions as well as reliable older favorites are there, and at great prices.


At first glance, the prices might not seem all that fantastic until you realize that they ship one- and two-quart container sizes, allowing for greater root expansion. This means that the plants are more likely to take off and thrive in your gardens.

That brings up the subject of guarantees. You can't really beat theirs:


GUARANTEE #1 - Robust Growth
  • We guarantee our plants to grow through one full year - the initial growing season and with new growth the second year. (Zone hardy in your area)
GUARANTEE #2 - Best Value
  • We guarantee if you can find a better quality plant for less, we will refund the difference.
GUARANTEE #3 - It will be beautiful
  • We guarantee our plants will meet or exceed all your expectations in color and form.
If not delighted with Great Garden Plants -
you will get your money back, period.
No questions asked!


One of the other things I like about this company is that they don't charge your credit card until they ship your plants, and they don't do that until the weather dictates it's appropriate to plant them.

They offer wholesale pricing when you buy in bulk and reduced prices for even small quantities of the same plant. I think their prices are already excellent, but they also have clearance plants that are reduced even further. And right now, they are including a free 'Strawberry Candy' daylily with every order.

The Garden Watchdog doesn't yet have ratings for this relatively new company, but I'm going to place an order and give them a try. Shipping for my area isn't until the last week of April, but I'll report back when I receive my order and let you know how it goes. Maybe you'll want to do the same!


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This place sounds great. I will have to give it a look over.

Unknown said...

So, whatcha ordering hmmmmm? Enquiring minds NEED to know?

Shady Gardener said...

Thanks for the lead. I'll check it out. Is that an 'Autumn' fern?

Anonymous said...

I will put that on my "to do" list. Thanks, I always love to find a new nursery, especially if their prices are reasonable.

blogger templates | Make Money Online