Thursday, January 10, 2008

BARGAIN ALERT: One Great Magazine!


There are several excellent gardening publications out there and if I subscribed to all of them, I'd never actually get out into my garden for burying my nose in them. But one that I pore over from glossy cover to glossy cover is Horticulture.


While it has a few more advertisements than I'd prefer, every other feature of this magazine keeps me entertained for several hours and it's one of the items listed in My Favorite Things. It's chock full of great gardening ideas and advice with gorgeous photos to go along with it.

The reason I'm bringing this to your attention is that right now, Amazon has an instant $5 off the cost of one year's subscription. That brings it down to $15 and that's a real bargain. Not only that, shipping for magazines is always free and the cost of the subscription counts toward Amazon's "free shipping on orders over $25."

There are 60 magazines that qualify for the instant $5 off when you order through Amazon, so check them out. I saw titles pertaining to cats, dogs, and birds on the list.

So if you've always thought you'd like to subscribe to Horticulture, now is the time to do it. While you're at it, check out these other gardening related books. When you add any of them (that are $10 or more) to your order, you'll get free shipping on that, too.

Happy reading!

6 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Thanks for the tip. I've never had the pleasure of perusing this magazine and am always on the lookout for a great gardening mag. Thanks!

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Anonymous said...

Kylee: I have been catching up on posts and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your latest. I did just receive my 'Horticulture' for the month and have subscribed to this magazine for quite a long time. Sometimes I love it and sometimes it falls a bit flat but it endures and there is always something to learn between its' pages!

The memory post was also a delightful read along with your 'bouquet of Asiatics'! How is it that I seem to have less time in the winter months for reading than in the gardening season? Maybe it is just the light levels! Anyway, thanks!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Like you I wish I had time for all the garden mags. I used to get Horticulture but since our library has it I go there to read it. It is still tempting to get it with the Amazon offer. Thanks for the tip.

Miranda Bell said...

Hi Kylee - thanks for your kind comments on my garden blog - yours looks great and will try and take some time v. soon to have a proper read... A bientot Miranda

Meems said...

kylee: like you --it is easy to read any and all pertaining to gardening and especially to soak in all the pretty photography. Thanks for this rec. -I'm a big fan of shopping at Amazon with the free shipping offers! LOL

To my sadness the great majority of gardening mags have little to say about my Zone 10 area. It sure is fun to see what the rest of the world can grow though when I pick one or two up at the store on occasion.

Have a great weekend.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Thanks for the info. I used to subscribe to Horticulture, but I let it lapse. I'll definitely consider getting it again.

blogger templates | Make Money Online