Sunday, January 27, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday - Convolvulus


Convolvulus tricolor 'Ensign Blue'




It's about this time of year when I get really antsy and irritable over winter. There's still a lot of it left but I've had enough. So I immerse myself in the seed and nursery catalogs, plotting and planning for what I want to add to the gardens. I also browse the gardens that live in my computer - those hundreds of photos of the plants and blooms that we enjoyed in previous years. It helps a little.




This convolvulus jumped out at me this morning. Last summer was the first that I'd grown it and it did well. Kara had given me seeds from her plants she'd had in her own garden the previous year. Besides these brilliant blues, a few white ones showed up here and there. I saved seed from them and I'll plant them again this year. I mean, the gold bugs have to have something to eat, don't they?



Join Green Thumb Sunday


9 comments:

Barbara said...

They are so beautiful for such a simple and common flower.

Aiyana said...

These are gorgeous! I love the shape and color, and even the leaves are pretty as far as I can see. Blue flowers have always been my favorite--probably because blue is a rare color to see in the desert, which produces so much yellow and orange.
Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Unknown said...

I just want to fall into the centre of all this blue, Kylee, they're so lovely. I like the tie-dyed types, too.

Mary said...

These are a favorite of mine. The photos are beautiful. Yes, I've had about enough of winter too, but there's still a couple of months to go.

Enjoyed my visit.
Blessings,
Mary

Lisa at Greenbow said...

These convolvulus look like they were colored by a small child. They are such vibrant colors.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Love that color of blue.

Shady Gardener said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :-)

kate said...

These really do make us think of summer ... they are such a beautiful colour of blue!

verobirdie said...

The first picture is really striking! Good to have some colors in winter.

blogger templates | Make Money Online