Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fields of the World Contest


On occasion, I mention a business in my blog that I've visited or made purchases from. Some are virtual and some are bricks and mortar visits, but I probably do the bulk of my shopping online. Today I'm blogging about an online business that sells one of my favorite things - FLOWERS!

I also enter contests on a somewhat regular basis. Whether shopping online or entering contests, the less that's required of me to type in, the better. RoboForm is free auto-fill software that I've been using for many years now to fill out forms and it saves me a lot of time and typing.


I recently came across a contest featuring photos of flowers from all parts of the world on 1-800-FLOWERS website. You choose your favorite from ten finalists and just for voting, you get a 15% discount on any purchase from their site.

The real winner will be the one of the ten finalists with the most votes, who will have their photo featured on a billboard in Times Square in New York City, a trip for two to NYC for the unveiling of the billboard, a four-piece Delsey luggage set provided by Macy's, and they will attend a flower design workshop with Jane Packer, world-renowned floral designer. Their entry will also become the next Fields of the World® bouquet. If you've never seen any of the bouquets, they're gorgeous.

Three of my favorites are:





Germany ~ In a beautiful salt-glazed pottery vase, there are blue delphiniums, yellow roses, double white lisianthus and variegated pitt.







Thailand ~ Orange 'Mok OJ' and yellow 'Mok Jitty' orchids are gathered in a brown and orange hand-blown glass bubble vase.








Ireland ~ This is a refreshing bouquet of Bells of Ireland, gathered with white gerbera daisies, green 'Yoko Ono' poms, white poms and ruscus in a Marquis® by Waterford® 24% lead crystal vase.



I've voted for my favorite photo in their contest and if you'd like to vote, too, go to the
Fields of the World® contest and choose one. Then head on over and browse the beautiful bouquets they have available for delivery. (Don't forget - you get a 15% discount just for voting!)


1 comments:

Muum said...

this looks like fun, but it may be hard to pick a fave, what you've shown is lovely, too!

blogger templates | Make Money Online