Friday, October 12, 2007

The Rose-A-Thon Continues!


Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage has shown her hand. You ought not to do that, my dear.

'Cherry Parfait' is scrumptious, very delicious indeed! And since you like that one, you're sure to love 'Topsy-Turvy'! That is the newest rose in my garden, which was purchased earlier this year. It's a cross of 'Countess Celeste' and 'Betty Boop' (the latter which I've always admired) and is a shade of red that I call lipstick. And get this ... it smells like Calvin Klein's "Eternity"!



The petals don't open, they unfurl. This allows their white underbellies to show here and there. Quite unique! And it's a floribunda, so it's got an abundance of floras. LOL. You want this one now, too, don't you? You know you do.

We are so bad.

And for those of you who are playing along at home - what you've just witnessed is a classic case of two gardeners being enablers of one another. It's okay, though. You aren't a true gardener if you don't engage in this pastime. It's practically an Olympic sport.


3 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

LOL!!!! I am laughing so hard now! We ARE so bad! We should be ashamed... so why aren't we???

And how is it possible for a rose to smell like Calvin Klein's "Eternity"? That is just amazing!

Oh, and YES I want this one too! You are evil, evil, evil! My Hubby coined the phrase "evil foul temptress" and I'm beginning to sense that there's one living in Ohio! ;)

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

P.S. You already got me with the toad lilies too, by the way. So if anyone is keeping score... Kylee is winning!

Unknown said...

YOu two are hilarious...and we readers are benefiting bigtime. Now, you're not convincing me to grow more roses--floribundas and their ilk are usually a bit too fussy/spleeny for where I live--but I'll appreciate your efforts and your goodnatured competition/enabling. Carry on!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Fabulous rose. I have just ordered a large number of rosa rugosa Alba - seems a bit tame now!

blogger templates | Make Money Online