Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Rest of the Sky


I posted a picture of last night's sky to the east, but this is what it looked like to the west:


I worked this afternoon and last night's sunset was the topic of conversation with a couple of patients. They'd noticed it, too. We wondered if it had anything to do with the California fires. In years past, volcanic eruptions on the west coast (Mount St. Helen's) affected our sunsets as well as dust storms out that way.

Whatever caused it, we were the lucky audience to the show!



5 comments:

Louise Hartwig said...

I too saw the sunset. I summoned your Dad to come out to see it. It was wonderful. The whole sky was majestic.

Bob said...

What a beautiful photo, You should frame it. It's a keeper!

Carol Michel said...

I missed it, but Robin just north of me took pictures, too, so I assume the sky was like that here and I just wasn't paying attention.

Beautiful pictures!
Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Kylee, I've never seen the sky look quite like it did then. I couldn't believe how heavy the cloud cover was and the sun trying to burst through. It was so amazing to see. I haven't checked to see if the weather people have said what it was that actually caused this spectacular sunset. I'm thinking it was just because it was so very cloudy all day and the sun just came out at the right time.

Priscilla George said...

Wow that is beautiful. It seems like a lot of people saw a similar sky around the same day. Something must have caused it.

blogger templates | Make Money Online