Friday, October 12, 2007

I'll See Your 'Gold Medal' . . .




. . . and raise you a 'Disneyland' . . .





Okay, so the 'Gold Medal' isn't mine, but I did take the picture at Columbus Park of Roses. The 'Disneyland', however, IS mine and this is its first year. Not bad, eh? The first two pictures of it were taken on September 29th and the second two on October 8th. It's still going strong and it smells good, too.

Cindy, you know this post is for you. Shame on you for making a grown woman weak in the knees with rose lust. Shame on me, too, for rubbing your nose in 'Disneyland.' And I should be shot for posting this one . . .


'Kordes Perfecta'


Trivia:
'Disneyland' has parents that are BOTH miniature roses! ('Morsegold' and 'Jacpoy') Yet 'Disneyland' is a full-size floribunda. (Source)

3 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

LOL!!!! I can't stop giggling over this blog entry, Kylee! You know, as soon as you mentioned the Disneyland rose I went hunting around on the internet to find photos. And of course, I now HAVE to have it! Now get this... then I come over to your blog and find out the photos you took of the Disneyland rose were taken ON my birthday (Sept. 29th) and we were supposed to be in Disneyland on that day but had to cancel because of my father-in-law's illness! Cue the Twilight Zone music... That's why I really have to have it now! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oh no! The evil laugh left at my blog makes me wonder what temptation you are going to come up with next. I can wait until January...

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I've never had success with roses, other than miniature ones and they don't really count. Wow! Yours are gorgeous! I may just have to try again.

blogger templates | Make Money Online